Author Topic: New Rohrbaugh Models -- Updated Info  (Read 19366 times)

Offline ChasenGreen

Re: New Rohrbaugh Models -- Updated Info
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:48:37 PM »
Elite Premium- $2245.00 :-/

Say What ?  WS6 I'm ready for another couple of C notes over the Elite.  Are you messen with me ?

"Green"

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 09:58:35 PM »
Gator I can't wait to hear all about it. Like I told WS6 I am waiting to see how some conditions turn out at work. If things go ok I will get my second pup. Probably an elite depending on your feedback.

WS6 I would have to send the Delta Force after you If you had my elite. I might let you try it out first.

Haven't had a chance to check out the forum very often. Been doing some 12 hr shifts at work and seems like you just eat, sleep and work.
NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR PUP!
CHECK 360

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 10:16:10 AM »
Green,

Yes, $2,245 is the suggested retail.  If you have a cozy relationship with your FFL you might likely do better than that, of course.

You have to remember the Premium is going to be a very limited, very exclusive custom firearm.  I don't think people are going to buy these for carry guns.  The factory doesn't expect to sell a lot of these each year.

The higher price is a result of the incredible amount of additional work and hand polishing that will go into the Premium.  Rohrbaugh has a jewler on staff who will be doing all the cosmetic work.  Plus, the Premium will have (for a while--while supplies last) the last of the carbon fiber grips.  After that, a similarly exotic grip option will be available.

Unless you are a collector, the R-9 Elite is going to give you everything you want, I think.  But, if you have $2,000+ burning a hole in your pocket....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:17:00 AM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ChasenGreen

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »
Green,

Yes, $2,245 is the suggested retail.  If you have a cozy relationship with your FFL you might likely do better than that, of course.

You have to remember the Premium is going to be a very limited, very exclusive custom firearm.  I don't think people are going to buy these for carry guns.  The factory doesn't expect to sell a lot of these each year.

The higher price is a result of the incredible amount of additional work and hand polishing that will go into the Premium.  Rohrbaugh has a jewler on staff who will be doing all the cosmetic work.  Plus, the Premium will have (for a while--while supplies last) the last of the carbon fiber grips.  After that, a similarly exotic grip option will be available.

Unless you are a collector, the R-9 Elite is going to give you everything you want, I think.  But, if you have $2,000+ burning a hole in your pocket....

Gator,

After almost 24 hours my heart is back to almost normal.  I'm still salivating over the Elite.  Thanks for your response it was helpful.  There are two Rohrbaugh dealers in CT and I've bought from both over the years -  not crazy about either though I defiantely have a working relationship with both.  I'm wondering if another CT dealer can call Rohrbaugh and buy the gun for me ? ?

"Green"

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »
I just wanted to thank Maria for her kind help and patience. I have called her twice now, yesterday and today. Yesterday she called me back after I left a message, no doubt she was swamped. I called her again today looking for a little more info on ordering an elite. She was professional, sweet and just a joy to deal with. The brothers are blessed to have her and I hope they get the message. So thank you Maria! Now all I have to do is find a dealer in South Florida who will give me a fair deal. Soon very soon! When I finally receive my elite, I am going to send her some well deserved flowers. Thanks again young lady! Excuse me if this was the wrong venue.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »
Phsimone:

Well said!  Maria does indeed bring great credit and style to the Rohrbaugh operation.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
I have contacted my local dealer, whom I have used before,he has made the call, I have paid my deposit and I am now waiting for about 4 hours and 10 minutes with only how long to go? 4, 5, 6 weeks mayber argh............the agony.

And yes, a little premium was added on, Floridas dealers are not the most sympathetic folks. When your hooked your hooked.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 07:00:50 PM »
Phsimone:

If it's any comfort, I waited two years after being "hooked" by the protype unveiled at the 2002 Shot Show.  It was worth the wait.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
I have received my Elite at my local dealer on Friday. After examining it, taking it apart and putting her back together I can only say this is truly not only a very fine machine but a true work of art. It is like nothing else out there.Does anyone know if this is going to be a minimum run or whether the elites will be available for a longer period of time. I am contemplating the purchase of a second one for my son. He is not ready for it yet so I would put it away in the safe for a while a few years. I would love to see a premium, I do not know that I could justify that price though?

Offline CBrooder

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »
Hey. I am new here. I am getting a Rohrbaugh R9 as soon as my dealer gets some in stock (in about a month). I hope it is an Elite! By what he said the Elite is what he is taking stock on; I will need to check-in on this though!

My current carry gun is an HK P2000sk in .357 SIG, and will remain my main one. The R9 wil be in an ankle holster inside my boots. But, in the summer, maybe it will be my main carry piece!

Anywho, glad to be here! Don't know how active I will be, but I will certainly be reading as much as I can!

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
Welcome aboard. Please share your thoughts when your new R9 arrives.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »
Welcome to the Forum! Let us know when you have your new masterpiece in hand.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »
welcome to the forum and good luck on getting your new pup.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline hornblower

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:05 AM »
I live in Southwest Florida and wonder if anyone knows of a dealer in Collier County or Lee County who carries the Rohrbaugh line?

Thank you.

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 11:44:19 AM »
I live in Southwest Florida and wonder if anyone knows of a dealer in Collier County or Lee County who carries the Rohrbaugh line?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

The Rohrbaugh website lists this:

Army Navy Fashion
3811-B Tamiami Tr.
Port Charlotte, Florida 33952
941-624-5199

If you call Rohrbaugh they may have a closer dealer thats not listed on the website. Good luck in your search.

Rick