Author Topic: Mag extension Intrest  (Read 21445 times)

Offline Cap.

Re: Mag extension Intrest
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »
I'm in for some as soon as they actually extend the capacity (if ever).

If I were to purchase some for any other reason: +1 on the midnight (black) chrome! I love that finish!

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 11:02:29 PM »
I'm in for 2-4 of the hooked ones.

Any luck with the machinist?

Offline Amsterdam

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »
Yep, put me down for 2 hooked ones.
Amsterdam

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
e: Mag extension Intrest
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
Yankee2500,

Are these still a "live issue"?  If they are, do you have any estimate as to price and potential date available?

There seemed to be a pretty good response in terms of "pre-orders".

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
It is very much alive, the shop has been quite busy.
I spoke with them today, they said they would have one  made up for me to look at next week.
  I will have a better idea of a potential date they will be available after I see the first unit and speak with them about the production schedule.
 It looks like the price will be no more than the IDM units.
 Upon inspection of the first unit I will post pics and will probably be looking for pre order deposits, based on the response I am looking at 60 + units that represents a sizeable cash outlay.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 10:03:08 PM »
John.  Thanks for the news.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
I would like 2 hooked extensions; black is my preference.  Thanks for doing this.  I don't know what happened to IDM...

James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »
As a follow-up to this, I was talking with Maria at the factory today (ordering grips, black screws and springs).  I asked her about the possibility of Rohrbaugh selling mag extensions.  She said they had considered that but were strongly against the concept for the following reason: The risk of an extension slowing a pocket draw.

Maria said they considered the idea of people having extended mags for use at the practice range and regular mags for carry but they were concerned that people might become "dependent" on the extensions and thereby be in possible trouble for the carry situation.

I told Maria that I still would really like to have the extensions and asked if she was taking feedback from users on the matter.  She said she always took feedback but there was no active poll on this issue.

Maria asked that I NOT invite people on this forum to call her; her phone is too busy now.  However, they are apparently getting a new email system installed (2-3 months) and after that, email polls will be possible.

I think, based on this thread, that a large number of people are voting "yes".

Can the sponsor of this thread (sorry, I can't look back for your name now) give us an approximate count of the number of users who have placed "interest" orders and the total number of extensions currently "ordered"?

Thanks again for making this option available.  I will definitely shoot my Pup more with a mag extension than I do now and thereby will be better prepared for those events for which I train.

Even if Rohrbaugh disagrees with me on this mag-extension issue, they are sill the finest and most responsive gun company in the world!

Kind regards,
James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »

It matters not to me whether Rohrbaugh offers a mag extension or not but if it is true that they discarded the idea because of slowing the pocket draw, that reasoning just doesn't hold water.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
James, I'm too lazy to go back and count the numberr of users but the number of extensions is 60+ for hooked and 4 for straight, the average is probably 2 per person. So ball park 32-34 people
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 12:38:22 AM »
Great!  That should be enough to get started...  I'm lazy too; did you say anything before about when we might be placing "permanent" orders and when we might be able to have deliveries?

Thanks, James

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 01:40:42 AM »
  I will have a better idea of a potential date they will be available after I see the first unit and speak with them about there production schedule.

Upon inspection of the first unit I will post pics, and will probably be looking for pre order deposits, based on the response I am looking at 60 + units that represents a sizeable cash outlay.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline smtri

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
I would also be interested in 2 hooked extensions. +1 on the black chrome if possible...

Thanks for making this available to us.

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »
Oh, I hope this doesn't turn into an IDM'ish tease...  Would you say the probability of this project coming to fruition is closer to 99% (notice I didn't dare say 100%) or to, say, 50%...

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2009, 07:47:09 PM »
110% I have a lot of time (and gas money) ;D into this, going back and forth to the shop, about a 60 mile round trip. The shop is producing the sample for my approval, upon inspection they will be ready to go or make some changes. They are doing it off some drawings we worked up because I could not come up with a hooked one to let them see, only a straight one.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson