Author Topic: My R9S doesn't like the new Corbon 80gr DPX  (Read 28590 times)

Offline Chris_S

Re: My R9S doesn't like the new Corbon 80gr DPX
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »
Four months today since I returned the ammunition.  I would think it reasonable if Corbon at least offered us a credit to purchase an equal dollar amount of ammunition of our choice through their website.  It would be cheaper than returning our money and I'm sure many of us have found R9 ammo we are happy with over this long period of time.

Wait wait wait, so they took back/shipped back the ammo you bought to their office, shot it, said it worked fine and then haven't replaced it with anything nor offered a credit???

Wow, went from looking like great customer service to basic theft! I'll stick with my Gold Dots from now on vs doing business with a company like that!

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »
YET ANOTHER month has passed.  No communications from Corbon.  Last month's direct e-mail to Mike remains unanswered.  Still down 4 boxes of expensive ammo...

Small resolution for a big company, I would think, given the flexibility that we have shown.

I suspect the R Brothers would not appreciate their customers being treated this way by Corbon, especially since I bought the ammo from their web site.
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 10:10:19 AM »
This is unbeleivable to me. Mike from Corbon spoke proudly, (albeit a long time ago), then drops the ball.

Is business so good at Corbon that they can sustain all this bad publicity?

I smell boycott.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 10:22:29 AM »
I don't know about a boycott, but I don't smell any Corbon ammo going off...
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »
Never liked Corbon's product.  Yes, I liked the extra "oomph" but I did not like their quality control.  Way too many bullets setting back in the case for my taste.   I know it wasn't one batch either; since I had a totally different lot number do the same thing.

I'll stick with ATK products (Federal LE, Speer and Speer LE) and Hornady for self defense rounds.  

I had high hopes that Corbon could have produced a nice round and upped their quality control for the R9 and also for 32acp; but now I just cannot get motivated to try their product again with all this "hey we've got a good product, buy us and then disappear act" going on.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:59:40 PM by BytorJr »

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2009, 04:29:51 AM »
Exactly 5 months ago today that I received the UPS call tag and returned my ammo to Corbon.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »
It seems Corbons CS is 180 degrees from Rohrbaughs. They would have to make some major changes in there CS before I would endorse there products if I were Rohrbaugh.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 02:23:59 AM »
Still no answer from direct e-mail to Mike.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »
I would fill his in-box with e-mails after this amount of time, and his voice mail.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
If I had been put off for five months, particularly after Mike tried to play hero months ago, I would be tempted to fill much more than his in-box.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »
I can't get too worked up about it.  In the scheme of life, it is just another lesson learned.  When I bought the ammo, I knew that it was "beta" status.  Being in the software business, I have learned caveat emptor.  So we will let CORBON stew in this until SOMEONE notices that we have been dissed.  I might have time to key a snotty note like this to blow off a little bit of steam, but I will not make a campaign about it.  CORBON has shown what they think of me - and all R9 owners, I would say.  That information is more valuable than the four boxes of ammo.  I like to know where I stand, and Mike said it best, and I quote:

"                               "
   Mike @ CORBON
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline TeamCORBON

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »
Apologies to everyone.  I have not checked the forum regularly like I should.  Emails have not gotten thru due to a problem with our mail server and SPAM.  We are getting a new email system this week (supposedly).

I apologize for the delays.  We are still waiting for our replacement bullets (95 gr X).  I assure everone who returned ammo to us that you wil be taken care of.  We will replace the ammo and I will send something extra also.

I will call Monday AM and get an update on delivery of the new projectiles and will post an update on here.
Mike Shovel
Sales Manager
COR-BON/Glaser
Mike@CORBON.com

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »
Mike
As a Certified Pistol Instructor I recommend to those I train their usege of a reliable self defense round. This string has had a profound influence in my recommendations as I previously thought Cor-Bon was a good company with a good product.

However, FIVE MONTHS transpires and you say "oops"? Your statement is, (at best), specious and you have a long way to go to restore faith in Cor-Bon to those of my fellow forum members who gave your product a try and were so conspicuously denied fair treatment by you and your company.

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
More like **8** (eight) months.  I tried to return them at the end of January, and finally mailed them back at the beginning of February.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
"Green" is the only language many companies speak and I am not talking about global warming.

I called Mike out, (with rightful cause), and he has not responded. I regret to say that blaming spam and one's database is the cyber motive to cover human failure.

For Mike's sake, I hope I am wrong.