Author Topic: My R9S doesn't like the new Corbon 80gr DPX  (Read 28589 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Re: My R9S doesn't like the new Corbon 80gr DPX
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2009, 01:40:11 AM »
Mike,
Jist give us a credit to buy other Corbon ammo.  Not all of us want the new 95gr ammo as we have found alternatives for our r9 pistols.  Allow us to buy other Corbon ammo of equal value with the credits from our returned ammo.  Problem solved .... no more angst.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:40:50 AM by MurrayNevada »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 12:20:01 AM »
Interestingly, I took my Rohrbaugh 380 to the range today and shot a some Corbon DPX 80 gr. with bad results.  Multiple FTF -- couldn't get through a mag.

On the other hand, the Gold Dots were perfect everytime.

Also worth noting though, the DPX ammo worked fine in my Kahr P-380.

For some reason, the DPX doesn't work well in the Rohrbaugh guns.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »
Mike,
Just give us a credit to buy other Corbon ammo.  Not all of us want the new 95gr ammo as we have found alternatives for our r9 pistols.  Allow us to buy other Corbon ammo of equal value with the credits from our returned ammo.  Problem solved .... no more angst.
+1
Or just send equivalent amount of .40 that I will shoot in my Glock that eats anything.  I am sure each waiting customer has one caliber that they would accept as replacement.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:08:42 PM by slashsplat »
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 07:06:48 PM »
I don't see any of my guns firing Corbon ammo in the near future. There are too many quality brands for me to choose from to be bothered with something I can't trust my life to. My take on the whole thing is that it seems to be of little intrest to the company to resolve the issue, because it is a very small share of the ammo sales.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
 I feed DPX 9mm ammo to my Sig, but do not know if I would rely on it working in my R9. Gold Dots do fine.

I am really waiting for the R45  :)
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline mefly2

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »
Interestingly, I took my Rohrbaugh 380 to the range today and shot a some Corbon DPX 80 gr. with bad results.  Multiple FTF -- couldn't get through a mag.

On the other hand, the Gold Dots were perfect everytime.

Also worth noting though, the DPX ammo worked fine in my Kahr P-380.

For some reason, the DPX doesn't work well in the Rohrbaugh guns.

I just picked up my stealth today; the same difficulty with CorBon ammo ... do we have any lot numbers to avoid?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:37:05 PM by meflyjeep »

Offline TeamCORBON

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Avoid the 80 gr loads in the R9.  Some people are having trouble with the gun cycling with them.  For those who have some left, they work in all other 9mm pistols that we've tried them in.  Actually, they worked in all 3 of the R9's we have here.  Not sure why there's a funtion problem for some people, but there is.

The nw 95 gr bullets are supposed to be coming in in October.  If those of you who returned ammo want to wait for them, that works.  Those who would like to exchange what you returned for a credit towards any other calibers or lines of ammunition, you can do that too.  I promise I will add something to your shipment for all the aggavation.
Mike Shovel
Sales Manager
COR-BON/Glaser
Mike@CORBON.com

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »
Mike,

Words. Inlight of all that has (not) happened I look forward to hearing from your victims that they are FINALLY compensated.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mefly2

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »

I just picked up my stealth today; the same difficulty with CorBon ammo ... do we have any lot numbers to avoid?

Another eager trip to the range and, another try ...apparently it is not dependent on the lot for the DPX80 HP rounds; I also had the stuff fail to feed in two other weapons as well.  It is very embarassing to be at a department range discussing the virtues of both the pistols and the ammunition (which previously had a great rep around LE circles) ... then have major feeding issues arise.  It turns  these semi-autos into single shot pistols!

At this point, I can not entrust my life to these 4 boxes of questionable ~$2/round cartridges which will not perform as expected.  I had intended to qualify with the R9 as a bug ... loaded with CorBons tomorrow; however, it will be better to stick with the SW 60 and Winchester fodder to augment my 1911 - also with Winchester Ranger LE 45ACP as primary.

If I can not find another deputy who will accept my $85 investment in CB ammo tomorrow, I will offer it here for the cost of shipping.  Yes, I am disappointed as there does not appear to be manufacturer support (deaf ears, perhaps?) AND certainly I wish that I would have read this thread before expending the cash!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:09:24 PM by meflyjeep »

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
I will *gladly* accept any ammo for NON-Rohrbaugh pistols to replace the 4 boxes I returned.  9mm +P or .40 anything preferred.  They will make nice Holiday gifts.  (No "credits" required, just pick some stuff and ship it.)

I am frankly not interested in beta testing more R9 Corbon ammo at my own financial risk, thank you very much.  If Corbon wants to send some boxes, at no cost, to worthy recipients for the purpose of range reports, I suspect you can find some takers.  Won't be me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:24:11 PM by slashsplat »
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline Cap.

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
Ouch! Situation noted. Pocketbook locked.

I'm embarrassed for them. I sure hope they eventually make this right, but I'd write this off as a loss and move on.

If it was me I'd take my loss out on their brand when discussing ammo companies. As it is now, I will link to this thread when asked a question about Corbon.

Corbon is to 80 gr DPX what Microsoft is to Vista.  :)

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 02:10:34 AM »

Avoid lot numbers from "0" to "999999999999999999999".
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2009, 02:13:12 AM »
...  The new 95 gr bullets are supposed to be coming in in October.  If those of you who returned ammo want to wait for them, that works.  Those who would like to exchange what you returned for a credit towards any other calibers or lines of ammunition, you can do that too.  I promise I will add something to your shipment for all the aggavation.
For the Nth time, just send me anything in regular 8mm +P (for Glock) or anything in .40 (for Glocks).  I do not want to beta test new R9 ammo.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:13:52 AM by slashsplat »
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »
Cap,

It may not be R9 related but good call on comparison of microsoft to vista. I will retain windows XP as long as it takes for microsoft to get it right.

Vista is difficult, counterintuitive and sucks.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
That is one reason I switched to Mac; security being the game changer after some Bulgarians almost hacked into my brokerage account.