Author Topic: Just took delivery of my stealth R9  (Read 1480 times)

Offline MOUNTAINORACLE

Just took delivery of my stealth R9
« on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
I got a call from my local "gun enabler" about 3 hours ago. My Slealth R9, pick of the litter arrived. Grabbed some cash went to get the runt.
First impressions of the R9, fit & finish top notch, figure she's worth the $$$ paid. I had ordered the pistol, a holster, two extra magazines, and 3 recoil springs from Rohrbaugh and was told they would ship with the pistol; only the pistol arrived. So, I will have a little longer wait for the extras.
Now for a few newbee questions.
How well will the Titan Kote C-12 hold up?
I bought some Speer Ammo 124 grain gold dots & have several boxes of the 115 grain Win Silvertips to try for out to choose it's carry ammo. Have which the pistol perfers.
As a long time Seecamp owner (have the .25, .32, & .380) I will have decide if the R9 will evict the .380 Seecamp and take up residence in my right front pocket

oracle
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:29:35 PM by MOUNTAINORACLE »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Just took delivery of my stealth R9
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »
oracle.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congratulations on getting the Rohrbaugh Stealth.  I use the Winchester Silvertips 115 gr. and never anything else so I'm, of course, partial.  I have an R9s so can't answer your question on the Titan Kote, but someone here can.  Again, Welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
I have a .32 and .380 Seecamp too and I will never let them go. I find my R9's only coming out when I wear cargo shorts lol.  When it comes to pocket carry, the size difference between the Seecamp and R9 is significant IMO.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:33:50 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
Oracle:

And a welcome from me as well. You may find yourself carrying the R9 in one pocket and the LWS380 in another.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
Oracle, Welcome to the forum, enjoy and post often. The ammo you listed should run fine, shoot and carry what you and the pup like. I agree with Richard, by carrying the Seecamp .380 in one pocket and the R9s in the other, you will feel balanced.  ;) ;D Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus