Author Topic: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month  (Read 28237 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2010, 09:50:05 PM »
CCW

I think you did not buy my used R9S with carbon fiber grips because you were dissuaded because warranty was in my name and not available to you.

In future please consider that you could have sent the R9 I sold you to me and I would in turn have sent it to the factory on your behalf.  At lease I think the factory would allow this.

Further, my used carbon fiber R9 does NOT have those machine marks that compelled you to send it back to Rohrbaugh.

Please understand this is not sour grapes. It is far more important to me to uphold the collegiate nature of this forum than is for me to sell an R9 and I wish you well, again, (as already stated above), in the enjoyment of your new toys.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
CCW

I think you did not buy my used R9S with carbon fiber grips because you were dissuaded because warranty was in my name and not available to you.

In future please consider that you could have sent the R9 I sold you to me and I would in turn have sent it to the factory on your behalf.  At lease I think the factory would allow this.

Further, my used carbon fiber R9 does NOT have those machine marks that compelled you to send it back to Rohrbaugh.

Please understand this is not sour grapes. It is far more important to me to uphold the collegiate nature of this forum than is for me to sell an R9 and I wish you well, again, (as already stated above), in the enjoyment of your new toys.
i don't know what you are talking about. The NEW one I purchased has the machine marks. My used R9S is perfect. I also bought it for 300 less than you are asking for yours and I received more. I was also treated very well by the seller. After reading your comment, I am very happy that I bought from someone else too.

I have no regrets with my used R9S purchase and price was the primary reason for not going with you. I am surprised you would actually post such a comment and expect it to be taken well. It would have been more appropriate to PM me considering all of my correspondence with you has been via PM regarding your firearm. Your disparaging intentions are very clear despite trying to be cryptic with your delivery. Narcissistic injury....Wow....
 ???
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:42:14 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »
Without getting myself into this battle, Rohrbaugh does offer (IIRC) a service that for something like $200 one can get their used R9 re-certified and warrantied.

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 10:53:30 PM »
Without getting myself into this battle, Rohrbaugh does offer (IIRC) a service that for something like $200 one can get their used R9 re-certified and warrantied.

Good to know! I may get another used one soon  :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
I'm rootin' for you to get that Robar.  Good luck.   :)     :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:08:08 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Robar emailed me back and said the NP3 and NP3 PLUS finish are the exact same price. In addition, both finishes look the same, but they said that the PLUS finish is a big improvement. I like this...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »
Looks like in time the NP3 Plus would replace the NP3 since the price is the same.  Good information.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline qualisTempus

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »
Hi,

I've been searching for a R9S, where did you have success getting two?

Thanks

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »

Welcome, qualisTempus!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Hi,

Thanks

qualisTempus.  Welcome to the Forum.  Post often!

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2010, 09:02:58 AM »
Hi,

Thanks

One was bought from Guns America and the other was from Gun Broker. Arego's on Guns America seems to have some of the lowest prices around for Rohrbaugh (ask for Terry). Both sellers were great to work with. Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:04:34 AM by FloridaCCW »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
qualisTempus:

Welcome to the Forum.

As for obtaining one or more of the R9s, get in touch with Tom Watson, "theirishguard." He is a licensed dealer and supporter of the Forum who can get you the model(s) of your choice and arrange the details with your local FFL.

You can find his rotating banner at the top of the Forum page, and his e-mail address is tomswatson@sbcglobal.net .
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:51:33 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
Excellent.  I second those comments.

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2010, 07:33:37 PM »
Here are the machining marks. As you can see they are also on the slide rails.  I know they will probably replace the slide, but this is sad...

Spoke with Maria and was told that the machining marks are to be expected. She mentioned that the slides are made in lots of 16 I believe and that ones towards the end of the lot sometimes have leftover machining marks.

Not satisfied with the response, I called her back and stated that I was not happy with the quality and would like another option. Karl called me today and apologized for the issue and said that he will personally fix things and to send it back to him with his attention. It was a pleasure speaking with him and he truly stands by his product.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:37:26 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »
Now that is true customer service.  Glad you could speak to Karl and get the issue resolved.  Excellent.