Author Topic: recoil / kick ?  (Read 6260 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: recoil / kick ?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »
Recoil is not in the punishing category like a S&W 340PD with stock grips and full power 357 mag rounds.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:40:50 AM »
My two cents--the R9 is very manageable and not at all painful.  Not a range gun, for sure, but not a problem at all for its intended use...
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 01:58:06 PM »
Choochoo, welcome to the forum, enjoy it. I have alot of customers who have the Seecamp .32 and the R9s, they have told me that if you can manage the .32 the R9s is no problem. I agree with that statment. I would be happy to help you get a R9s, PM me with interest.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline choochoo

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
wll I am in --- I fired about 3 clips thru the little monster and it's a dream --- powerful and crisp but certainly not un-manageable --- quite accurate --- after two clips I was able to place the last clip all in a 2" circle at 7 yards --- totally pleased.
I had one round fail to eject (last one in the clip) (speer golddot-124 GDHP) but other than that, all good
Now after all the recommendations, what exactly can Tom help me with ?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
Another happy pup owner and a good range report. Congratulations

John
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:49:50 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
So ChooChoo, your post was not clear to me by your last staement.
Did you already buy a an R9 or did you fire someone else's?

If you have one, Congrats.

if not, contact Tom at the Irish Gaurd.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
ChooChoo.  Congrats and glad you're pleased with the little wonder.  Enjoy.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mike_OTDP

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
I found the recoil on my R9 quite managable, but the muzzle climb is pretty spectacular.

Offline choochoo

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »
So ChooChoo, your post was not clear to me by your last staement.
Did you already buy a an R9 or did you fire someone else's?

If you have one, Congrats.

if not, contact Tom at the Irish Gaurd.
I bought one here locally to void the ffl transfer scheme.
What I was asking is about is Tom,,,,,,,does he just sell the guns or does he do other things to improve it ?
What I really want is a CT laser !

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
No luck so far in getting CT to make one for the Rohrbaugh.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline coclimber

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:18 PM »
I got my R9 last month (and my CCW today!).

R9 is what it is... small, light, 9mm. And while expensive for a self-defense handgun, I wanted it!

Still, it hurts more than any of my other 15 hand/long guns, and I reload and shoot often.

The Seecamp .32 is just as sharp, but it doesn't hurt. I can shoot it accurately for a couple of mags (using factory ammo, that's not cheap :-[).

My Kahr PM9, shooting the same factory or reload ammo as used in the Rohr R9, is comfortable by comparison; can shoot 5+ mags quite accurately (accuracy surprised me, actually).  And the trigger is fine. With practice, can pre-position it when target shooting. But for self-defense practice, I pull all the way through, just like I do with the Seecamp and R9.  All three are excellent self-defense triggers, to me.  

My R9 shoots even a touch more accurately than the Kahr :D, but (for me) for only one mag.  After that, it's only two shots at a time, and then rest or fire something else, before coming back to the R9.  It's just painful endurance to continue past two shots, and a waste of ammo because the shots spread way out.

That said, as a self-defense arm, shot up close, and realistically fired once or twice in a real life situation, the R9 is fine.  

Been reading this forum for a couple of months.  Thanks for the info!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »

Thanks for your impressions and comparisons, coclimber, and welcome to the forum.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »
coclimber, Welcome to the group and congratulations on the pup and your CC permit.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
coclimber.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congrats on getting your R9 and thanks for your thoughts.

Offline coclimber

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »
Thank you... tracker, yankee2500, and kjtrains.  I've cut-and-pasted lots of your comments and material you've referenced into my P9 folder.  It's helped me buy, prep, shoot and maintain my Rohr.  Even learned about holsters from here.
You give a lot of your time to we nubees.
Bob