Author Topic: Wondering $ value of my unfired R9  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: Wondering $ value of my unfired R9
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:07 AM »
I am no expert, but a farmie with the accessories you have, un fired is a bit desireable to some.  There are few buyers, but when you meet the right person, that sounds like a good purchase.

My LGS sells new r9s for 1250.00, so, yours is likely worth $1375.00 in my opinion, but only to the collector/ fanatic.

I personally say Do Not Sell It and for gods sake, fire that virgin, clean her, and never leave home w/o her.  ;)

Fire that virgin...................sweet memories............. ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
 I agree! She was meant to be fired, carried, enjoyed, and God willing NEVER needed!

Robar233

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »
If you don't want to fire it send it to me and I will put 50 rounds of Gold Dots through it.  8) ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 06:21:22 AM »
I personally say Do Not Sell It and for gods sake, fire that virgin, clean her, and never leave home w/o her.  ;)

Agreed. To my way of thinking, purchasing the R9 and never firing it would be like purchasing a Ferrari and never driving it. Also, since the gun was test fired at the factory before shipment, it is technically no "virgin".  (Besides, "virginity" is highly overrated.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
  (Besides, "virginity" is highly overrated.)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:24 PM »
.... like purchasing a Ferrari and never driving it.

More common than one would think-  I know a guy who used to be a tech at a Ferrari dealership. 
There were a handful of customers who would schedule their yearly maintenance, and this guy would go pick up the car, service it, and deliver it back to its home.  When recording the mileage, he noted that the car had zero miles since its last service.

Not for me!  My lowest-mileage vehicle, my wife's Jeep, is about to turn 100,000 miles.

...And my R9 spit out quite a few Gold Dots this morning- All flawlessly.

Offline gbsmith05

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
The R9 has a new owner.  Thank you to all that posted opinions on the value of the R9.  And, thank you to all that posted the humorous advice.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »
The R9 has a new owner.  Thank you to all that posted opinions on the value of the R9.  And, thank you to all that posted the humorous advice.

gb.  Congrats on the sale and to the buyer; an unfired Farmingdale, except factory, doesn't come along very often.  Do come back and visit.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Congradulations to the buyer and seller.

Excellent Farmie for sure! ;D