Author Topic: Help Please, updated (Karl called)  (Read 26241 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: Help Please, updated (Karl called)
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
The O-ring sits between the screw head and the grip ?

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »
Thanks Jack...interesting video and a good explanation.  Re:  loctite...don't see much of a problem with loctite blue, but it really doesn't hold for long.  NEVER use the white.  I'm going with the o-rings on John's screws when I get this back.
I quess I must be lucky....I have had my R9 for eight years and have never had the screws come lose and never have used lock tight....I just snug them up without much tork.....It is my opinion that people over tighten and "stretch or expand", whatever you want to call it, the threads...once you do that they will not stay tight on their own....JMO
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:37:07 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
The O-ring sits between the screw head and the grip ?

Affirmative.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline eye_spy

• mcgrathinvestig ativeservices.c om
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
Where can I buy the o-rings for the grip screws?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »
Where can I buy the o-rings for the grip screws?

John (yankee2500) here on the Forum will be the source, when he gets them in stock.  He can give further info when available.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
Well, back to my original post.  Remember I had sent the Covert R9 to the factory which found an "out of spec" firing pin retainer to be the cause of failures to feed and breech locked open.  It was repaired and returned, but I could not get one of the four grip screws out (had trouble with the other three which had a white glue on them...loctite white?).  Stripped the screw eventually.  Karl kindly sent me a UPS number and I returned the pistol at his expense.  After several weeks and after sending off for a "tool to do a screwectomy" (medical humor in his words) they were unable to solve the problem.  They have replaced the frame with a new one (new serial #), noting the that finish on the frame is factory even on the Coverts, and they have tuned, polished, etc. everything else to Covert standards.  Should arrive here tomorrow 2 day UPS.  Looking forward to getting it back...I'll get a few hundred rounds through it and start to carry again (I hope!).  I'll give followup.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
Excellent info backup.

Good luck with the break in! ;D
Keep us posted.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Great news, backup.  Thanks for the update!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
They always try to make things right....nice to have a business owner who really cares........... :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety