Author Topic: Failure to Feed  (Read 26065 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Failure to Feed
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »
I do like the Tribute Edition. It's a Sweet looking PUP! :)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
I own a Boberg Platinum (long) and it is a marvelous pistol, but suitable only for OWB holster carry and not any more concealable than a compact 1911 .45.  The R9 Special Forces is just an upgraded but collectable R9 with a somewhat more durable finish, but at a premium price...not really any different from my Covert and, frankly, no better than a stealth model...If you plan this as a carry piece instead of an investment or a barbecue showoff piece, then realistically no one other than your wife and a close friend (or an unexpected, threatening, unwelcome "social" acquaintance) should ever see it.  Be that the case, how it works takes precedence over how it looks...I bought the Covert because for carry I like black handguns that don't reveal their presence when presented in an emergency and the stealth was not available to me at that time.  Whatever your pocket book and wishes allow, you will not go wrong with an R9 of any style as a pocket or IWB/OWB carry handgun.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline feedramp

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »
The only model left at my LGS is the Tribute.  If my SF offer falls though I may rethink the Tribute.

If it's still there next week, I'll see if I can do some dealing ...

"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »
The only model left at my LGS is the Tribute.  If my SF offer falls though I may rethink the Tribute.

If it's still there next week, I'll see if I can do some dealing ...

Good luck in your decision!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
That is one nice looking pistol!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis