Author Topic: New R9 stealth : ) Shipped to williams for light strikes/ it's back : ?  (Read 25982 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: New R9 stealth : ) Shipped to williams for light strikes
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »
Take is apart and lube it when you get it back.  I still use EEZOX and have simply had no problems with either R9, nor with my Seecamps and various other pistols and revolvers.  Lube right, grip tight.
John

Will do Backup. I have a can of eezox I use regularly as well. Also, it will be 2 mags per outing per the doctor's instructions.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: New R9 stealth : ) Shipped to williams for light strikes
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
Stealth is back.

Now to test fire it and see if I can reproduce the great results that Williams had with it.

Will post asap.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: New R9 stealth : ) Shipped to williams for light strikes/ it's back : ?
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
Come on weather. Need some range time.

John Stuart Mill

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 08:56:03 AM »
Patience my friend...brings to mind a favorite quote from the Bible, "It came to pass...".
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
Patience my friend...brings to mind a favorite quote from the Bible, "It came to pass...".

Good call backup : )

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »
I am going to the indoor range today.

-Run a couple of mags through the Solo

-More testing with a XDs 45

-Try out a new to me Coonan 357 with a factory compensator (not really a good
  indoor gun but, oh well)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »
I am going to the indoor range today.

-Run a couple of mags through the Solo

-More testing with a XDs 45

-Try out a new to me Coonan 357 with a factory compensator (not really a good
  indoor gun but, oh well)

Smart man. I should go to the indoor range this week.

You should consider the pierce +0 extension and talon grips for your XDS IMO MRC. I shoot mine 10-15% better with those two additions. I was surprised at the difference they made for me anyway.

Happy ear protecting with the .357. Haha

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
Going back again.

They installed a new trigger bar thingy I believe and it still is light striking and after 2 mags the hammer is not being actuated properly.

Well as they say... "Back to the drawing board" and "if at first you don't succeed try try again".

I'm sure there are other sayings that pertain to this situation, but I will leave well enough alone with those two  ;D

We ought to know something more in a few weeks. I'm sure we will get this fixed. It seems like an easy fix IMO.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »
Well I just got the stealth back and it barked out 12 of the silver tips for me.

These were what it struggled with most on the light strikes before the whole hammer failure.

This one has never failed to eject anything. Just some light strikes, so I'm encouraged to see it start out so well.

I will slowly and gently build some confidence it and then safe queen it as a backup to my 2 tone.

So far so good. Looks to be a winner. Good job Williams.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 02:41:33 AM »
Just curious..does this R9 have VZ grips? When I installed VZ grips on mine the trigger was sloppy and had a tiny bit of freeplay that might have gone easily un-noticed to some. Upon inspection the grip needed a little dremel work to match the stock Rohrbaugh grip at its thinnest area in the rear of the grip where the dished out area is at its thinnest near where the web of your hand rides..so the spring would act properly on the trigger bar...wonder how many light strikes are caused by VZ..My trigger acted sloppy and the trigger bar wouldnt reliably reset on the sear..I didn't shoot it with the VZ grips until I had taken out a fair amount of material..then they worked perfect..Disappointing to have to dremel on $75 G10 grips before they were useable.. :o

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
Just curious..does this R9 have VZ grips? When I installed VZ grips on mine the trigger was sloppy and had a tiny bit of freeplay that might have gone easily un-noticed to some. Upon inspection the grip needed a little dremel work to match the stock Rohrbaugh grip at its thinnest area in the rear of the grip where the dished out area is at its thinnest near where the web of your hand rides..so the spring would act properly on the trigger bar...wonder how many light strikes are caused by VZ..My trigger acted sloppy and the trigger bar wouldnt reliably reset on the sear..I didn't shoot it with the VZ grips until I had taken out a fair amount of material..then they worked perfect..Disappointing to have to dremel on $75 G10 grips before they were useable.. :o

No they are a set of the blue carbon fibre grips. That being said it could have been due to a less than perfect grip.

In the end, if we have finally arrived at perfection I will say I'm happy.

It seems as though my 2 R9's and the 380 are humming like a sewing machine now.

Of course I need some more rounds through the stealth and 380 before I will know for sure, but they are seemingly doing great.

This whole hammer issue took place AFTER the grips were replaced; however it was light striking with the stock grips.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You may be on to something there.

John Stuart Mill