Author Topic: SELLING PROTOCAL  (Read 2020 times)

Offline BobJhn

SELLING PROTOCAL
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »
When listing a gun for sale, is there a best option to allow for getting response contact - - e-mail address, telephone number, PM, etc.?

For payment, I assume it is standard to ask for money order, certified check, or similar.     

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: SELLING PROTOCAL
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »
I've sold many firearms on this forum. I like talking on the phone versus texting, email, etc...yes, I am old school when it comes to that. I have always accepted a personal check from the members because no one here has ever given me any reason to not trust them. This is what has worked for me in the past. I have been on this fine forum a lot longer than you...hence the trust factor. You do what makes you comfortable.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline BobJhn

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »
Thank you.  I will use your suggestions, or at least part.

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »
There is a very specific protocol here. You show me exactly what you have to sell and give me first option. After that, you put it on the open forum.  :)

Offline BobJhn

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 11:53:06 PM »
OK Chris, I will think about that, but would have to add about 30% to the price for that special consideration.