Author Topic: R9 Maintenance Video  (Read 3328 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
R9 Maintenance Video
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:02:47 PM »
I'm fairly new here so this may have come up in the past.

The accessorie that I would pay good money for is a [glb]detailed R9 Maintenance Video on CD or DVD[/glb].  This would include a very detailed video of taking the R9 down, cleanig/lube, and the reassemble.  Could include some neat range video to give it more action.

I haven't received my R9 yet, but one thing I've learned from this forum is the cleaning can be a challenge. Some people who have been surviving the cleaning may also learn new methods to help them - look at the chop "stop" stick.

Has Rohrbaugh thought of such an item -  am certain it would sell well - especially if on of the brothers did it.  I would buy it though no matter who put it together.  Lets say I'm a visual learner.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: R9 Maintenance Video
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 12:25:37 AM »
Dave - this could indeed be useful notion.  

I think maybe in the fullness of time it could be done and - in fact I hope soon to have some vids to make available (clips) showing Karl in action the the pup - I'll post links when available.

Ultimately maybe there might be a vid and tool kit even - but for now I doubt any time for other than getting guns out.

I would say tho - much about the R9 is NOT daunting - despite what some folks may say - it just needs familiarization and a bit of practice - after which really, it is not a problem.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 AM »
I am a big Rohrbaugh fan, but to be honest, field stripping and reassembly of the R9s is a true pain. A TRUE PAIN.

But that doesn't mean that I don't want a second and a third gun, I do. But a tool kit would be a godsend.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 08:38:23 AM »
Somebody define this tool kit,  what's to be in it?   It seems to me each person will  have a different idea..All the brass punches I have seen are too easily bent.
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 11:32:13 AM »
My definition of a tool kit: a nylon tipped steel punch; a tool to compress the recoil spring for reassembly; a jig to allow us to replace the inter recoil spring; a take down tool.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 06:22:57 PM »
My definition of a tool kit: a nylon tipped steel punch; a tool to compress the recoil spring for reassembly; a jig to allow us to replace the inter recoil spring; a take down tool.

A great list..I am looking for the nylon punch at the moment..Also waiting on Shelby for his "tool"
Got a couple "Stop Sticks" coming sometime.. :)
Don't forget a nice little slide in pouch for the "tools".. ;D
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe