Author Topic: An invitation to everyone at the Rohrbaugh forum!  (Read 16543 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
An invitation to everyone at the Rohrbaugh forum!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 03:28:18 PM »
>>I just heard from Eric and he made a point to say he WILL be attending the PA gathering, and he is looking forward to meeting up with Rohrbaugh Forum folks...!  

Eric will be graciously bringing a few new R9s fresh off the griddle for people to try (hear that, JArcher??!!).  He will also use this opportunity to show folks how to properly take down/clean/lube the R9s we shoot..!..would be great if someone could video tape this as a reference guide...maybe even attach it to the R9 FAQ site (Chris??).

Oh yeah...we talked about Chris' verbiage about NOT attending this gathering...??...!!...and how we can collectively convince him other wise...  Come on, Chris...it's in your best interests to join in...cause onna counta you know what we mean **hee, hee** (no, he does not, but shhhhh).

With that, I am going to make every effort to attend myself on 11 June.  What fun...!  And what a great idea/effort on the part of Soda_Pop to make it happen...!...TW<<
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 03:30:14 PM by TW »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: An invitation to everyone at the Rohrbaugh for
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 08:21:11 PM »
Shucks TW - you are making me think now!  Heck - it still looks like more than difficult but - as we near the time I'll see if I can swing it - it really would be great to meet some of you folks and be able to see Eric too.  We'll see.

If I do not manage it tho - apart from mandating a good group shot with ID's - if'n someone can take any vid of Eric stripping (hahaha - hope it's a warm day Eric LOL) . I will be pleased to edit that and put it on one of my servers.

Have to see what format can be done - or whether someone with a digcam (mine anyways is boring analog) can shoot footage and burn to DVD for me - anything to get the info to work on.  A simple AVI is ideal for me as a starter too.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Soda_Pop

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 11:46:55 PM »
Still need more people from the Rohrbaugh forum to show up. ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 12:04:28 AM »
Jamie - I wish!  Still looks very unlikely - just too much going on - which includes family stuff - usually the hardest to wriggle out of!!

I will tho, in expectation of not being there - nag again, to make sure someone takes some group and other pics.  I want at least one also - of Eric - looking sufficiently demonic - flaunting the R9! ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Soda_Pop

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 01:57:21 AM »
Less than one week to go!!

I hope everyone is closer to making a decision on coming out.

Rain or shine the event is on!!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 11:10:14 AM »
I can't attend for a variety of reasons -- in fact, I will be on my own vacation in the Florida Keys.... plus the location is a world away for me.

I do hope to see some pics -- glad to see this is going to go off.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 12:37:40 PM »
Jamie - it is now a definite no-no regretably - but will certainly hope you guys all have a great time and get loadsa pics.  Let us know here afterwards how it went and where to go for viewing the pics etc.

I will hope to have a word with Eric before the day and will miss seeing him and many others.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline TW

• Grand Master
e: An invitation to everyone at the Rohrbaugh foru
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 05:06:24 PM »
>>For those who have wondered, I just spoke with Eric and he will be attending the PA shoot tomorrow.  He will be bringing an R9 or two to shoot, plus who knows what else...?...!!  And for anyone who is interested in seeing how to properly take down/lube/and reassemble the R9 - this will be your lucky day as with all the R9 shooting going on Eric will be holding on the spot clinics.

I am still up in the air as to whether I can make it.  Due to an old injury I'm in a lot of pain just now...but if I can find someone to share the driving - I'll be there...!  And I will be bringing an additional two R9s.

Jamie...?...anyone...?  Can you recommend a nice hotel near by...preferable with a pool...?  Thoughts...?  Thanks...!

And Jamie - how can we recognize you...?...any pics...?  I could not open the pics attached to the link provided of last shoot...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 05:45:29 PM »
TW - hope you can make it - even tho I won't be there I'll wish you guys who do go a great day and hopefully not too many T-Storms ... bit that way right now here.

I spoke with Eric too other day and am still frustrated I cannot get over, tho I did see him at last one in October.

Places to stay ..... well, Allentown serves quite well - Jody and I stopped over last year at a motel there . There are quite a few just of Route 22 so wouldn't be hard to find one.  Not sure re pool availability but - sure you'll find one with a short look-around.

So - I shall hope to see a write-up somewhere after the event and a group shot etc . maybe Jamie can drop by with a link to a write-up - on TFL I am thinking.

Have a good one guys! :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Soda_Pop

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 06:56:01 PM »
"Jamie...?...anyone...?  Can you recommend a nice hotel near by...preferable with a pool...?  Thoughts...?  Thanks...! "

I can't name any off the top of my head.  I know there are a ton of motels within a few minutes of the place.  I'm sure there are a ton of options.  

Just show up and tell us who you are and which board you are from.   Just ask for Jamie Young or Soda Pop.  We have a great crew of people coming to these and everyone was NEW at some point.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
An invitation to everyone at the Rohrbaugh forum!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 06:59:12 AM »
>>OK...it's 6AM here and I am on my way...!  I'm really looking forward to this event and in meeting new friends...!!

And just for Chris...who has asked about this with every post he has made for a month...  I am bringing a digi cam to record the event - question is...will I use it...?  LOL...!

Safe travels to everyone and I will see y'all in a few hours...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 08:41:24 PM »
Well - I am back home and have really thought all day how you fellas were doing . Hoping too the T-Storms did not cut across enjoyment of the day.  I still know I'd never have made it - miniscule compensation!

TW - hope you made it safe and sound - and back home again.  If you got some pics then I'll hope to see some eventually - particularly a group pic - see who is who that I would not have known from last one.

Darn it - hate not being able to do everything all the time! :P
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005, 10:55:44 PM »
Guys - just been to peek over on TFL and Jamie has done a write-up from the shoot.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173040

I have taken the liberty of linking MikB's group photo for show here - heck that's a lot of folks!!!

TW - was that you in that superb blue shirt???  :D

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 11:03:00 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Soda_Pop

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005, 11:34:36 PM »
I had a great time.

Thanks to Eric for paying for all the food!!

We got rained out in the last 45minutes of the day, but we got a good day's worth of shooting in.

Nice to see TW made the trip out!

We missed having you there, Chris.

More pictures

More and more
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 11:37:12 PM by Soda_Pop »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 11:59:27 PM »
Jamie - can't tell you how I missed that - tho I know darned well it would have been impossible to make it, and, do what I had to do in same day!!!  Sorry not to see you again, and Eric and MikeB - see Dave Markovitz there too.  Hard to make out all the faces.

So Jamie - who did make it from this forum then?  I believe TW did, and, what about Alan Fud?  Did he get there.

Give us the skinny when you can!

Not surprised you had some rain but if waited till end then not bad at all - I was afraid you'd get way more than that.

You should feel some satisfaction at having got such a fine shoot organized.  Kudos dude.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site