Author Topic: Happy Anniversary... to Us!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Happy Anniversary... to Us!
« on: May 28, 2005, 10:59:23 AM »
Yes, its official!  The Rohrbaugh Forum is over a year old!

I started this forum a year ago, before I even had an R-9.  Not many people did, but most of them found this forum!

I have to thank Eric and Karl for their encouragement and support.  This forum is not "official" in any way, but those guys are happy we are here!

Special thanks to Tech Guy for setting this up and keeping it running.  I am not a computer idiot, but I never learned the HTML and Internet stuff, and I am too busy to learn it now.  He is a long time friend and shooting buddy, but doesn't have his own R-9... yet?

I shouldn't mention any members individually, because you all contribute so much -- some in content, some financially, some with service to Rohrbaugh...  Thanks to all of you.  Special thanks, however, must be given to Chris (R9SCarry) for the FAQ site--a great resource that makes this place better, and our wealth of info easier to access.

Not a bad run so far: 335+ Members have started 740+ threads encompassing more than 7,750 posts!  

Perhaps more importantly, they are good quality posts with an air of civility and hospitality.  I think this is one of the best forums on the net in that regard.

My thanks to all of you.  I think the future is very bright -- members will begin to pour in as guns hit the street and the word spreads.  Given our head start, I think this place will always be THE place for Rohrbaugh info on the Web.  Our challenge will be to make sure it retains the character we have established so far.

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, Rohrbaugh Forum!  ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Happy Anniversary... to Us!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
Congrats. and thankyou for a great forum which really helped me in my decision in getting the R9S & in getting it legal for sale here in Maryland. ;D
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:02:26 PM »
Duane, Happy anniversary and thank you for all your work and guidence in this great forum.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 01:19:36 AM »
Duane,
     Thanks for putting in all the work and time, and for giving us a place to hang out.. ;)

Happy Anniversary to The Rohrbaugh Forum.. 8)

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
Congratulations, Duane, and thank you for your fine work in developing and maintaining what I perceive to be the best forum of its kind on the Internet.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 11:16:45 AM »
Congrats to you, Duane!
Welcome home

Offline dr16

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 09:28:58 PM »
Ten big ATTABOYS on the First Anniversary!

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 10:44:29 PM »
Congratulations!  I am sure there will be many more anniversaries to come!  Quality never goes out of style!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 10:59:29 PM »
Thanks very much due to you Duane - plus of course Tech Guy.  Beyond that well - thx to the membership - without which, no forum!!! :D

I did post a two day old belated post on another thread we had running about the anniversary - but here anyways will reiterate simply, a thank you to all.  I hope the next year sees us grow as guns keep coming out - it'll always I think be too slow because even as the bro's catch up a bit - the orders keep flooding in!

Membership to me is good - in honestly I'd not want a huge member base - it has grown at a pleasant rate - and serves well it's prime purpose.  Beyond that tho I feel many of us are friends, in a cyber sense - and I appreciate your company y'all! :)

Hope I am here for 2nd anniversary! ;)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline XT_Fearless

• Not a R9s  !!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 11:26:55 PM »
Congradulations to everyone !!!
Very happy to have found this Forum awsome place .

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 11:31:35 PM »

Membership to me is good - in honestly I'd not want a huge member base - it has grown at a pleasant rate - and serves well it's prime purpose.  Beyond that tho I feel many of us are friends, in a cyber sense - and I appreciate your company y'all! :)

Hope I am here for 2nd anniversary! ;)

I second the motion.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"