Author Topic: Mine Too!  (Read 8485 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
Re: Mine Too!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
Les,  

I have had no more failure to fires even after replacing the recoil spring.  I believe that the FTF's in your gun and other guns and my first R9 dissapear after a short break in.  I believe the fireing pin and spring and the corresponding mateing surfaces in the slide get broke in.

By the way, I believe the recomended replacement of the recoil spring has been lowered to 100rds.

Congratulations for sticking with it.  Sounds like you have a well functioning gun now.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 04:19:02 AM »
By the way, I believe the recomended replacement of the recoil spring has been lowered to 100rds.

Is this official?

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 12:51:06 PM »
No, there was a post after that one of mine and I believe the factory recomendation is still at the 200-250 range.

Personally, I am going to a 100rd replacement schedule.  I have not had jam problems when replacing recoil springs as some have reported and since I know that the stronger recoil spring that you can use and still have the gun cycle is the best as far as stress on the frame and slide and since the springs cost like $6 bucks this is what I have decided on.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline erh

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Les -
I didn't follow why you're having to send the "Pup" out for a second run to Rohr...  Why is it going back a second time already..?

E!
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.