Author Topic: Sig Sauer 1911 .22LR  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Sig Sauer 1911 .22LR
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »
I just purchased a new Sig Sauer 1911 .22LR. It is built in Germany and is VERY well made for a retail price of $420. Shooters who are 1911 fans will enjoy shooting this gun. It shot great. The only problem I had is the fact that you can over load the mag and cause a failure to seat issue. The problem was resolved by correctly counting out 10 rounds :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: Sig Sauer 1911 .22LR
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
 I have had a hard time finding that .22 Sig around here.  As soon as they come in , they go out !   Nice looking piece. I am useing a Nighthawk Conversion Unit (Made by Bob Marvell) on my Talon II when I want to fire a .22 Pistol. And I am running a S&W AR 15-22 for a .22 Rifle. I would rather have a dedicated .22 pistol though and the Sig 1911 is on my short list, just have not been able to get my hands on one locally.   How do you like the sights/feel?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
I bought a GSG (German Sport Gun) 1911-22 last year before I knew Sig was releasing one and I love it! From my understanding, they manufacture the .22 Sig and Colt 1911s. I've already changed the mainspring housing to a flat one and am in the market for more parts. I like the fact that most of the components are interchangeable with the standard 1911s.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
The sights are standard combat three dot. It comes with two additional front posts for point of impact adjustment. Both front and rear have a set screw to allow for easy adjustment. They are made of nylon. (?)

I also have a converson I use on a Wilson Combat.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
I just called Sig to see if metal sights are available. They are not and standard metal sights will not fit the dove tail. The rep said they have requested several changes to the company that makes them for next year.

It is still a nice fun gun to shoot.
NRA Life Member