Author Topic: Rohrbaugh Firearms Website finally removed from the Internet  (Read 6095 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Rohrbaugh Firearms Website finally removed from the Internet
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:11:34 PM »
Well, I check in there about once a week and today I see they finally removed our old Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. webpage from the Internet. I guess it is final now.  lol.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Re: Rohrbaugh Firearms Website finally removed from the Internet
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »
Well, it lives on, at least on my personal computer. Several months ago I archived the website to my computer using a program called "site sucker."

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »
Nice Will. There was some good information on that site for enthusiasts. As you mentioned in a PM to me, most likely that the registration for the website expired yesterday and was not renewed, so, in all actuality, Remington hasn't done anything with it. Sounds about right. I guess that concludes this thread! Short and sweet. lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:03:29 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
Is there any way of bringing it back so it can be saved permanently on our computers? I had saved it on my computer by downloading it to the hard drive ( so I thought ), but now its gone. Thanks.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
Is there any way of bringing it back so it can be saved permanently on our computers? I had saved it on my computer by downloading it to the hard drive ( so I thought ), but now its gone. Thanks.

Sent you a PM reply

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:15 AM »
I wouldn't mind having it also if possible somehow.
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »
You can always go back to at least 2002 if need be..

https://web.archive.org/web/20020718203157/http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
WOW! - That was our first website!  I was wondering how I could show that and here it is! Beautiful. I always thought that was a neat setup, but then we went "conventional" lol.  All I have is hard copies of how that one looked while you have it working! Very good! Thanks for posting that one. . . . it brings back some fond memories.

Eric R.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:03:18 PM by ECR »

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:38 PM »
Yes, your original site was nice looking!

Offline sm52wj52

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »
I too was wishing that I had been around to view the website!  Nra-Life-Member you are a gentleman and a scholar; and Eric that was a very stunning home webpage especially the way it worked.     Wayne in  SE  Arkansas

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »
Thank you Wayne. I see you are new here. . . . . I hope we'll see you around the boards!

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »
Nice Will. There was some good information on that site for enthusiasts. As you mentioned in a PM to me, most likely that the registration for the website expired yesterday and was not renewed, so, in all actuality, Remington hasn't done anything with it. Sounds about right. I guess that concludes this thread! Short and sweet. lol
Looks like the renewal grace period ended at which time the domain name was scooped up by an investor.  Everytime I had checked in on it, it was still in the grace period and wasn't available to purchase.  Anyway, the investor who bought it said that the domain name is for sale for $550.00 USD.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:04:40 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
Remington has the rights to that website now, he has nothing to sell!   Screwballs out there I tell ya.