Author Topic: Aguila Ammo???  (Read 6901 times)

otscay

Aguila Ammo???
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »
I'm NEW to this forum. Please forgive me if my question has been asked/answered somewhere else in the forum. I have looked but not found any comments regarding Aguila Ammo. For starters I'll take that as a "BAD SIGN". Gunbroker.com is offering .380 90gr. JHP 150 rounds @ $115.00. This week I'm picking up a NIB R-380 stealth. I'm not finding any other choices right now for ammo. Anyone have any thoughts, information or personal experience with Aguila?? Thanks!!

otscay

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
Re: Aguila Ammo???
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »
I've shot it before and it's good stuff.  Don't know about the Hollow point though.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
From my recent experience watching the extreme shortage of .380
ammo I would buy it now. I have a back order of .22 Aguila sub-
sonic and I have heard nothing negative about their ammo.

otscay

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »
Thanks for the information. Now I can relax and enjoy the gun. There seems to be quite a bit of Aguila 380 and 9mm on Gunbroker.com.  Thanks Again....

otscay

Offline jeffgraham

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »
Anyone having any Aguilla 9mm I.Q. ammo I am looking for some.  It's no longer available in the U. S. .  It keyholes out of my R9 but I don't care.  Please contact if anyone would like to get rid of some or know where I can pick some up.

Offline Southpaw

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
Using that very ammo I actually had a number of jams / failures to feed. Granted, It was within the first 100 rounds through the gun, but it's still something to be wary of.

I recommend testing the ammo out before carrying it. As always make sure your gun is well cleaned/lubed.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »
     Otscay, a couple of years ago a friend sold his .380 and gave two full boxes of the Aguila 90 gr hollow points. I think it was probably the same as you are asking about. Anyway long story short, I fired all of it in three of my .380s. Two Beretta 84s and browning BDA and it woked really well. Unfortunately this was before I acquired the Rohrbaugh .380, so I don't know how it would have worked in it. I hope this helps.    Gene
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:12:21 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the information. Now I can relax and enjoy the gun. There seems to be quite a bit of Aguila 380 and 9mm on Gunbroker.com.  Thanks Again....

otscay

otscay.  Congratulations on getting the Rohrbaugh .380.  No experience with the Aguila .380 ammo.  Let us know how it performs with the Aguila.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Southpaw

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »
Just an update:

After putting 100-150 rounds through my 380 the Aquila ammo is problem-free. The only time I have had ANY issues are a single stovepipe which happened 40 rounds into my last session, the barrel was hot, and I had a light grip which allowed the gun to fly backwards.

In other words, I blame myself for the malfunction, not the gun or the ammo.

In fact, after testing out other ammo for my Rohrbaugh, as well as Aquila ammo in other calibers I can tell you this: Aquila makes superb ammunition. It is very high quality and they have earned my trust as a company.

-SP

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
SP.  Good to hear of the Aquila ammo's excellent results.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln