Author Topic: Slide cracking....  (Read 8171 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Slide cracking....
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 11:21:12 PM »
Just saying, don't "burn the bridge"....with the Brothers...

Did the owner believe he was buying a "NEW" gun?  Was It sold as NEW?  If So,  shop for Lawyer...
RJ=

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »
malayalee747,

Going to the authorized dealer who sold you the gun sounds like an excellent idea.  Certainly an authorized dealer should be held to a higher standard.

I sure hope you get your money back and obtain a brand new R9S.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Bill
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 11:41:47 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 12:35:41 AM »
I believe that the Bros R WILL take care of this in the "end"

I have bought more than 1 "used" pup-I would hope that if a problem arises with any of them,that they would be of some assistance!!

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline malayalee747

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 01:14:06 AM »
Brenden
It's pretty hard to see, especially on a pic from a regular camera.  One side is more visible than the other.  I took several and this is the best shot I got.  Don't even know how exactlly to do this.

Offline Larry

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 02:21:38 AM »
Sorry about your cracked slide predicament.  I just sent back new R9 for same. You can read my posts in R9s Problems Update.  I sent it on Tuesday and it was back yesterday.  In your case I would speak to the dealer first and see if you can get a refund.  I would imagine that the Rohrbaugh company could bring some pressure to bear on an authorized dealer who has perpetrated what amounts to fraud with the sale of their product. That is not good for anybody.  I agree with other posters, that getting an attorney would be good if nothing else works.  Also, the Atty.Gen. as previously suggested.  As you may already know, the problem we had is because of a bad batch of stainless billets used to make slide.  This is a known problem.  One would think that the dealer would not want to jeopardize their authorized status.  Good luck and be patient as the R9 and the Rohrbaugh company are top notch.  Larry

Offline sksmatt

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »
malayalee747,
Sorry to hear about your problem  :(
What is the serial number of your R9?  I thought most of the cracked slides were from lower serial numbered guns.

Offline malayalee747

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »
Matt

It's a Deer park, Serial# R1335

Offline Larry

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 11:08:09 AM »
Matt:  It is my understanding, that slides were not tied strictly to frames.  My R9 is #124x.  It now has a new slide.  Would love to know definitive answer on this.  I was told last week by Maria at Rohrbaugh, that the cracked slide problem was due to materials at the time, and not a design flaw in any way.  Given that this particular company is diametrically opposed to Enron practices, I believe them.  I do hope my new slide is from 'known' or new stainless stock.   Larry  

Offline Archiver

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 03:38:02 PM »
Actually from what I understand...its a VIOLATION of Federal Law to sell a used pistol as NEW!  The guy can lose his FFL!
   I was told this when purchasing a pistol as new at Cabelas and questioned its condition... it had at least been out of factory packaging with tags removed.  Apparently it had been a display but since it hadnt been sold to anyone it was considered new. The gun manager assured me it hadnt been fired other than at the factory and Cabelas couldnt sell it as new for reason stated above.  

Do you have anything from the seller/dealer stating it was new?  If so,  I'd demand at least FULL $ restitution or I'd report the guy!  

When I do raise the funds for my R9 you can sure as heck bet I'm goin' with someone with a good reputation on THIS BOARD!

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 09:04:38 PM »
It bothers me that this is even a topic. I cannot think of any reason for the Rohrbaugh brothers not to fix this problem.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »
I agree, George; the cracked slide has nothing to do
with who bought it but everything to do with who made
it.

Offline malayalee747

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 01:43:43 AM »
Unfortunately the dealer has no Rohrbaugh in stock.  He might trade my R9S for a Seecamp 380.  Is that a good trade?  Yes, the 380 has the warranty card with it.  I am still surprised by Rohrbaugh’s decision of not taking care of this problem.  When my keltec P-32 had a problem with its pin all I had to do was send it through FedEx with a short letter explaining the problem.  No question of who mailed out the warranty card was asked.  I definitely expected equal or better service from Rohrbaugh.  After all Rohrbaugh was supposed to be the “Rolls Royce.”  I think we all should think twice before we decide to buy a used or in my case “new” Rohrbaugh without a warranty card in the box.  

Should I do this trade?  I see that most of you are also members on the seecamp forum.  In all honesty I don’t think I want to own/carry a Rohrbaugh after this experience.  It’s just a personal decision after my personal experience.  

Offline Larry

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 02:01:38 AM »
Hi Malayalee: The Seecamp .380 is very difficult to come by.  One just sold in less than 8 hrs. in the Classifieds on this forum.  They occassionally can be had for around $850.  The decision to own a great .380 is up to you. If the answer is yes, then it is a decent deal by default, so to speak.  Many of us have Seecamps as well.  I would love to own a .380 myself, but just got the R9.  You might inquire as to the price of the .380, and if the dealer is not extracting a premium, you might get it along with some cash, or some other exchange goods.  There still may be a Rohrbaugh in your future.   Larry

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:47 AM »
Are you saying that Rohrbaugh has refused to fix the problem because you're not the original owner, even though the cracked slides are an acknowledged defect? Have you point blank pinned them down on this? If so, I'm shocked.
Also, regardless of what happens, it's the dealer that I'd be extremely upset with. I wouldn't let it slide. I would demand my money back.
The Seecamp has an MSRP of $795. Many dealers charge more than this, but anything beyond $850 is gouging in my opinion.