Author Topic: Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W30 Oil Discontinued?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline rbonin

Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W30 Oil Discontinued?
« on: August 04, 2005, 06:35:18 PM »
I stopped by our local Murray's Auto Parts store here in Michigan and picked  up a quart of Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W30 oil yesterday.  It was on sale for $2.09/quart.  That's less than half its normal price.  When I asked why the price had been dropped, I was told that this oil was being discontinued!    I hope that the store clerk was in error regarding this.  If not, you had all better stock up before the supplies dry up!

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W30 Oil Discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »
I couldn't find Mobil 1 0W30 at Murray's so I bought a quart at a Mobil gas station.  Cost a hell of a lot more than $2, I'll tell you.

Using one of those Brownell's pinpoint oiler bottles, I figure that quart is two-lifetime supply!  Or at least until I'm as old as RJ Hedley!  
Seriously, a quart of oil will last a single shooter a long, long time.  And I should only be as active as RJ when I reach his age.  He makes a really great holster, and mag pouch, and StopStick.  

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:38:38 PM »
I’d be very surprised is Mobil 1 is being discontinued. It’s the oil recommend for use in my car. (The only oil)

At $2.09 a quart, you could purchase and resell it at a very nice profit.

Regards,

Bill

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »
I just checked out Mobil's website.
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Oils_FAQs.aspx#Mobil_1_Extended_Performance_FAQs1

They've come out with a line of extended change interval oils, including Mobil 1.
In fact there are so many different Mobil oil lines, grades, etc., you have to be a lubrication engineer to figure out what to use in your car.  I suspect Murray's Auto Supply is just trying to pick the best sellers for their finite shelf space.

Anyway, Billmack, I don't think you have to worry about Mobil 1 oil disappearing.  And there'll be plenty left over for us Rohrbaugh owners.  :P