Author Topic: spare parts  (Read 6575 times)

Offline mjt

spare parts
« on: October 09, 2004, 10:59:15 AM »

What spare parts do you like to have on hand for an R9s (e.g. slide release pin, recoil springs, grip screws, trigger spring, extractor spring, etc., etc.)  

If you have purchased some of these, how much do each of these things cost?  

Do you order them via email or phone?

Thanks!

Offline Garish

Re: spare parts
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 01:38:17 AM »
I just received my R9S and I have the same questions about spare parts.  Too bad no one replied.  Gary...

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 06:30:13 AM »
I bought 2 magazines for $35 each, 2 recoil springs for $5 each and a set of 4 grips screws for about $5 if I remember correctly.  You can visit the factory's web site and they have pricing information regarding these parts on there.  You can call the number listed and order the parts over the phone.  Please note the magazines may take awhile to come in.  

Offline Garish

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I got an extra mag when I ordered the R9.  Arego's Pawn Shop has mags for immediate delivery as well as the pistols.  The pistol was $925 and the mag $35.  The pistol seems to have a suggested price of $1099 now.  After Disassembly-assembly about 5 times yesterday I thin to be safe I will try to order a couple of extra pins and spring caps as well.  They kept flying across the room and though I found them here, I doubt I  Th will find them at the range in the dirt.  Thanks for the reply.  Is it me or is there an unusual number of these "threads" I guess they are called that seem to just fade away, and on some very relevant topics for us newcomers.  Thanks again, Gary...

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:27:10 AM »
Garish:

I recommend that you have at least 4 spare grip screws, 1 spare recoil spring, and 2 spare magazines.  The pricing is on the company's web sight, as bigyimmy has said.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Garish

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 10:32:17 AM »
Thanks,  I think I will call on Monday as I also want the end caps and pins neither of which are listed on the Internet site.  Gary...

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 10:44:06 PM »
...  Is it me or is there an unusual number of these "threads" I guess they are called that seem to just fade away, and on some very relevant topics for us newcomers....

I spent hours reading through the whole forum.  Just about all of my questions were answered though.  You see a lot of repeated questions and answers.  Tons of good information.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:45:44 PM by bigyimmy »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 02:00:55 PM »
When threads go answered, it is usually because people don't have anything to say on the topic or it has been beat to death... Even then, people usually reply to point you in the direction of the dead horse...

This particular topic hasn't been discussed much, but may not find a lot of people with things to say.  Other than the spare recoil spring that came with my R-9s, I don't have any spare parts, so I have no real input on the prices.  In the unlikely event my R-9 would go down suddenly, I have other guns that will fit the bill and get me through the process of ordering parts.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 08:53:54 PM »
Two R9S,s ----- No spare parts! :P
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:02:47 PM »
Newt -- could be one R-9s and one full set of replacement parts!  :D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

RA_Bakken

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »
Maybe the reason nobody has checked into this much, is because we all expect the Rohrbaugh R9 to be a huge growing success!  

Most of us, I suspect, are firmly convinced that the R-bros and their fine company will be around for many years, making the likelihood of parts becoming scarce...well...unlikely.

Thoughts?

--Spectro

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 05:12:08 PM »
In some ways we do not know what lies ahead - and I don't mean re the Company - just a ''current affairs'' aspect.

If all remains else stable then I see no reason to not be seeing the Company grow for the foreseeable future but **** happens as they say, in the best and even biggest organizations, so always an outside chance things can change.

I am fortunate to have my #1 pup as safe queen and if pushed could cannibalize for parts - tho hardly relish the thought!!  Beyond that - have enough eng' abilities to make some bits too if needed, tho obviously not all - springs can be made sometimes if really pushed and so could the recoil components.

Anyways - it ain't something I am going to fret about! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 05:41:37 PM »
Lost Springs and Caps can be a  thing of the past, if you have my *Two in One Tool*.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1143659666
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 05:43:17 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=