Author Topic: Super Lube at Harbor Freight  (Read 4275 times)

Offline tyler2you

Super Lube at Harbor Freight
« on: April 19, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »
Just want to post a tip for those that have a Harbor Freight locally.  I was in picking up some stuff for an AK build I'm doing and as I'm standing in line, I was looking over the junk on the end cap at the register.  Among the cheap screwdrivers and sockets, there's a bunch of tubes of Super Lube.  I think it was a little over $3 a tube.  

I guess I'll have to switch over from Tetra Grease.

Offline S.F._Phantom

Re: Super Lube at Harbor Freight
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
Why is this Super Lube better than Tetra grease?  I have been very happy with Tetra products in the past.  Has anyone done any comparisons on these products???

Thanks in advance
Bud
We Are The Pilgrims, Master;We Shall Go Always A Little Further

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »
Bud,

I think most everybody will agree that any high quality grease will be fine.

I intend to use Militec-1 grease, because some people have been concerned about Teflon in SuperLube.  That topic was on the Seecamp forum and has been mentioned here.

Bill

Offline S.F._Phantom

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for the info, I don't know a thing about any Seecamp forum, not my weapon of choice.  

As to the teflon, I had heard that however I have also heard that we are in danger from the gobal warming too... :)
Fact vs Hype..........hmm
I am squeezing your brains as I have never done any research into which causes less problems.

Thanks again to all

Offline S.F._Phantom

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 01:19:24 AM »
[glb]Just info[/glb], MidwayUSA has a special on the Super Lube kit.  The price is the same as you normally pay for just the oil however in the kit, you get the grease, cloth and special Q-Tips with it.