Author Topic: RZ-50 Dry Lube report...good stuff!  (Read 5344 times)

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
RZ-50 Dry Lube report...good stuff!
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:03:42 PM »
Being a newbie to the forum and it's only been a few weeks since I purchased my R9S I haven't had much to contribute while I've learned so much from all of you!

I wanted to share a fantastic product that I found last year and have used it since.  I don't know if our R9's tight tolerance will change what I'm sharing.

I discovered RZ-50 from a fellow Kel-Tec P3-AT owner ( I sold mine to get the R9S!). I was amazed when he told me that he had fired 3,000 rounds without a drop of oil or grease! Not a single problem without a drop of oil.

RZ-50 does not list firearms as a suggested use so I contacted the company and asked.  They said it would work great on my guns.  It states that RZ-50 is not compatible with petroleum products. I'm not certain but I think it may gum up.

I have used it exclusively on all my handguns (no oil or grease). Not a single issue and little to know wear is noticeable.  It dries in seconds and will build up over time to create a "ball bearing" feel.

For example: I recently sold a Glock 26 that had over 3,200 rounds.  The buyer remarked that is "like new in the box".

My good shooting buddy puts it on first but adds a small amount of oil or grease and has had no problems.  He admits that he is a little scared to only use the RZ-50 but he can see the condition of mine.

When I received my R9S I stripped it with brake cleaner then coated her good with the RZ-50 ( it takes very little!). I did add the grease before my first range trip.

I then cleaned her real good and have added 3 coats over the last 3-4 days. Much more than I've ever done on my other pistols.

I passed the product on to Maria this week and she is going to ask Karl if he has heard of it.

I was told by the manufacture that it is used on professiona race cars and boats as it significantly reduces friction.

It does not attrack dirt at all, dries clear in about 3 seconds.

I was told it was available in some Home Depot's - not so in my neck of the woods.  I googled to located a distributor and found that garage door companies use and sell it.

My buddy and I split a case of 12 cans because the price was so cheap compared to about $18.00 for a single can from the garage door company. I think we paid $100 for the case.

If anyone wants the contact info for the supplier that I got mine from just email me at: michael@michaeldavisrealty.com and I'll send it to you.

Please share your thoughts and experience's with RZ-50.

Michael

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
Re: RZ-50 Dry Lube report...good stuff!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »
DVC: thanks for posting the link.  Here is the contact info from where I got the case:

http://www.archwayusa.com/

Then ask for part number RZ 50-4A12 on their order form.

Earl provides great customer support! I have no financial interest in this product or the company.

Offline global-security

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 01:04:49 AM »
Hi,

I was curious to know if there was  any more discussion on this topic? Did Robar ever comment in any of the forums on the use and/or effectiveness of the RZ-50 dry lube?

Any factual help or advice would be appreciated.  :)

Thanks everyone

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 02:37:36 AM »
I've been using some other dry lube products in non critical areas of other guns.  Haven't taken the leap to try them on the hard core parts yet.  
I also use  some dry lube in some of my manufacturing with good successs, surprisingly.

I am definitely interested in this RZ-50 and how well it works in the R9.

Thanks

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
kwesi, welcome to the forum and thanks for the good info.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline global-security

Re: RZ-50 Dry Lube report...update
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 10:13:40 PM »
Ok- since know one really weighed in on my original question.. I figured I would now offer my two cents after experimenting on my Ruger LCP and GSG Pistols. OK, I have no idea how well this products works as I have only utilized two days ago. One thing I do know for sure is- DON'T APPLY TO PLASTIC, POLYMER ETC AS IT WILL TURN THE SURFACE WHITE AND SPOTTED IN COLOR. However If you wait about 5-10 minutes, you can simply wipe down the frame,slide and polymer parts.. thus the spotting disappears.

I am going to use the RZ-50 on all my guns excluding my Robar.  (I don`t want to take any chances that using Dry-Lube may void the factory warranty etc) Until I he Carl, Maria etc give it the thumbs up.. I am not taking any chances.

All the best

Thanks

Jordan

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »
Hi,

Did Robar ever comment in any of the forums on the use and/or effectiveness of the RZ-50 dry lube?

This  might be why no commented.  

ROBAR ??

Robar industries not to be confused, which in this case may be confused with Rohrbaugh---

Robar industries makes a finish to put on guns or other metals that does not "have to" to be lubricated, it is called NP3.

Some folks may have thought that you were talking about this perhaps.
Which would be why you did not get any responses.

Hope this helps to clarify things a bit maybe.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
Excellent comment!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline global-security

Thank U Reinz
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:55:30 AM »
Thanks for correcting me on my Robar comment. Needless to say.. I now understand why so few people chimed in.

Thanks,

Jordan