Author Topic: Re-assembly is difficult  (Read 37500 times)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Re-assembly is difficult
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2006, 09:43:51 AM »
RJ,

I would like to thank you for helping the current "Stop Stick" owners modify the tool to use for re-assembly.

I plan to drill the 5/32" hole and give it a try.

Thanks again,

Bill

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »
I was about to modify my stopstick when I found an old toothbrush in my gun maintenance box.  It already had a hole in the handle so I just tweaked it a bit.  Then I cut the brush part off - that was dumb.  The brush is good for cleaning stuff.   :P  Luckily, I generate a few used toothbrushes per year.   ;D

Steve

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »
Sounds like a fine idea, Steve.

I've got plenty of toothbrushes.  They should be much easier to drill.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »
Dave, forget the pliers....  The New *Two in one* Tool I offer works  like a Champ.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1143659666
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:46:32 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
After reading all these posts i was a little worried about breaking down my new R-9 for cleaning. Well the job was no ordeal cleaned it no problem.reassembled it using only my hands no tools didn't seem to be any problems this time anyway. Thanks for all the good info here made my job easier ;D
robertmeco

Offline mefly2

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
My temporary solution, until Mr. Hedley's device arrives.

MajorKAP

Thanks for the hint ... worked great today; Mr. H's looks neat as well!

Offline onafile

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
Anyone having trouble re assembling their gun...check out my post re. easy to make tools from Oct 3 2009...makes life easy!!! Tom Galligher

Offline ss1

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
 ;D just picked up new pup sat. and thanks so much on tool, i'll be using tooth brush method one in slide, puch is allien wrench that fits grip screws, but my problem is when i put the slide back to the frame it stops at the ejector and not all the way back to meet flush with hammer, so when i pull back the slide to set barrel pin in , i have to move the slide back a greater distance and the recoil assembly  moves away from the barrell lug area and stops on the ?? ( i don't know)  while the guide protrudes being stopped this way i can put in barrel pin and then rack the slide  seems to work    is this normal, am i hurting the puppy ?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »

It is somewhat difficult to picture this problem but reassembly success is usually related to proper alignment of the recoil assembly, both horizontally and vertically, and pushing in the pin all the way. Those are the main two problem areas once you have inserted the assembly and the guide rod seats properly.  

Offline ss1

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
i guess the bottom line is right now , the pup is, racking just fine and spitting out snap caps. Took the pup apart to give it a bath before we went to the range. Think I'll do it again before we go out! thanks

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »

Sounds good and welcome to the forum. As the guide rod smooths out from use it will seat much easier into the hole.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 08:55:31 PM »
;D just picked up new pup sat. and thanks so much on tool, i'll be using tooth brush method one in slide, puch is allien wrench that fits grip screws, but my problem is when i put the slide back to the frame it stops at the ejector and not all the way back to meet flush with hammer, so when i pull back the slide to set barrel pin in , i have to move the slide back a greater distance and the recoil assembly  moves away from the barrell lug area and stops on the ?? ( i don't know)  while the guide protrudes being stopped this way i can put in barrel pin and then rack the slide  seems to work    is this normal, am i hurting the puppy ?

ss1.  Good to hear you now have your R9.  Sounds like you are doing everything in the right way.  Here's a video that may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAdj-WEBig
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
It does get easier with time.

Johns tool defanitly helps! :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
Practice makes perfect, for sure.  Well, maybe not perfect.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
I would be apprehensive about using a clamp myself.

I have not tried it, but it looks like the spring is getting ready to shoot across the room. :o