Author Topic: Gun Butter  (Read 9818 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Gun Butter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
I have put it on my pistol, but because of some issues I have not be able to go to the range. I understand it is supposed to make cleaning a lot easier
 :)

RB.  Hope you doing fine, now.  Good to see you posting.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
Today was my first range session after completely cleaning my pup and re-lubricating it with Gun Butter. Some observations:

1 - The pup ran just like I expected it would - flawlessly (as long as I ignore my buddy's feed failure the first time he racked the slide to chamber his first round; you can't follow the slide - especially in ultra slow motion - and expect it to feed a round).

2 - After shooting, clean-up has been a breeze. Any surface which was coated - however lightly - with Gun Butter cleaned up completely without using any solvents - all I did was wipe off the thin film of Gun Butter and all powder residue came off with it. The manufacturer claims that it works this way; I can verify that claim. The only areas I need to do more than wipe off is the chamber and bore - which I did not lube.

3 - All surfaces that I had applied a thin film to (like the barrel) were still "wet" with lube, although there was almost no migration of oil to other surfaces.

I'm pretty happy with how it worked and I will continue to use it on my pup - as well as all my other guns as they come up in cleaning rotation.

Offline RetiredBadge

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 01:17:27 AM »
Great review!  I think the Gun Butter is working well for me.  I have been very happy with it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 06:48:22 AM »
I'm going to have to try some of that Gun Butter. Thanks for the reports.

____

[size=10]Edit: See, I'm NOT too old to try new stuff.   ;)[/size]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:50:54 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »
I have to say, the Gun Butter does sound like some good stuff!    :D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline leeyn

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
really like Eezox; seems to do everything I need a lubricant to do. .... ;)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
I think I've read that somewhere!    ;D

Offline LostangelinTX

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
I swear by the stuff.  I have an Ed Brown SF 1911 and the gun shop I bought it from included a vial of the Gun Butter when I bought the gun.  Had never heard of it before.  I use the stuff on everything.  My 1911, Walther, Glocks, even my AR.  Works great and makes cleaning a breeze.  Even when I use dirty russion ammo in my ar, the stuff just wipes clean.