Author Topic: Of Disassembly and Assembly...  (Read 9099 times)

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Of Disassembly and Assembly...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 01:46:06 PM »
Aglifter,
Just guessing, but next time you remove the pin, roll it on a flat surface and make sure it hasn't begun to bend a bit.  Shouldn't happen, but it never hurts to check.
If the holes in the frame are getting eggshaped, you'd think the pin fit would be loosening up. You should be able to eyeball those holes for roundness.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 11:07:01 PM »
I don't think normally the pin should get tighter at all!  It is hardened and so it'd be hard to raise a burr on it and the holes being in Aluminum should not burr either.  I doubt too a bend is likely in the pin due to it's extreme toughness.  All I could think of is a close (eye glass) inspection of pin and holes to check in detail.

As for lube on pin - not a bad idea to ''help it in'' but with tolerances tight as they usually are it (the lube)won't be held - the most important place for pin lube is of course the barrel lug pin engagement area where I think lube wants to be moderately generous.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DavidS

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »
        In an effort to make disassembly and reassembly very simple, I have patented and produced a device used in the disassembly and reassembly of the R-9, the SlideBlok R-9. An instuctional video of how to use the device is posted on my website which can be accessed by clicking the following link, http://sites.google.com/site/slidebloks/ . Hope you find it useful.                                                
                                                       David S.