Author Topic: R9 slide stuck in open posission  (Read 11174 times)

Offline JR956678

• Expert
Re: R9 slide stuck in open posission
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
Glad your pup is back and worked well for you.

I suspect that the cause of this is - as sslater posted - some debris from an initial but self-limiting wear point. This is discussed here http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/basefile/frame-wear.htm and there's also a thread on this forum with some pictures showing the same thing. With the tight tolerances it doesn't take much to jam the slide.

I had the same thing as sslater - also when my pup was young, and found a lot of aluminum flakes inside after the first range trip a year ago. But I got back from another range trip about 3 weeks ago and when I cleaned the R9 it was pristine inside - still those wear marks but no progression of them (thus the self limiting nature). If this was the cause of your problem I wouldn't expect to see it return; your pup has now "come of age" and is ready to serve you for years and years to come.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »
I went to the range yesterday and fired the pup with no issues.  I also did some one hand hip shooting and there were no issues.  I am very happy with the gun.  Note: I shot Speer Gold Dots 115 grains.

l_elieze.  Happy to hear all went well.  Thanks for the update.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 12:10:36 PM »
l_elieze, welcome to the forum, so glad you got the pup going again, stick with the Gold Dot. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus