Author Topic: Reassembly - What a P.I.A!!!  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: Reassembly - What a P.I.A!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »
I got a message from David, I guess he carries insurance for his invention, but after Sandy he has had trouble with the underwriter renewing the policy, so sales are temprarily halted.  He said he expects to get it straightened out start shipping again sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I'm picking my R9 up tomorrow, taking it apart cleaning it and lubing it.  I hope I can get it put back together so i can actually go shooting tomorrow too.

You can always use a small pair of channel locks to compress the recoil spring. Grab the recoil system by the front end cap and by  the base of the small collar....compress insert... ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
I did use channel locks to get the spring back in but that's not the hard part for me. 

Putting the retaining pin back in is the most difficult part.  In my clean workspace I managed to drop and lose the pin twice.  The second time it too me nearly 10 minutes to find it.  It probably took me 30 minutes of struggling with it to finally get it back together.

I can wait to get that tool.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
Regarding insertion of the barrel pin, one of the most common errors is failing to insure tht the recoil assembly sits level vertically and is centered laterally in the slide before the slide is mated to the frame.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"