Author Topic: Need help with reassembly  (Read 6008 times)

Offline crffish

• Sharpshooter
Need help with reassembly
« on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

I cannot get the slide to go back as far on the frame as I think it needs to.  The recoil assembly slides to the front of the gun, and gets stuck on the lip of the barrel when trying to move the slide to the rear and insert the barrel pin.  Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:03:15 PM by crffish »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Need help with reaasembly
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »
crffish:

I can't access your photograph, but I hope that this link to Chris's FAQ Sheet may be of help:

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/basefile/vids.htm

Just be patient and don't force anything. The reassembly process becomes easier with a little practice. Trust me on this one.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »

To pick up on that, in Chris's video he talks about the proper alignment of the recoil assembly, both right and left and up and down. It is the up and down that will cause you the most problems and it must be perfect for the pin insertion and successful reassembly. Basically, the recoil assembly must be aligned horizontally parallel to the slide.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
Words of wisdom from Richard and tracker.  I've learned much from these two.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline crffish

• Sharpshooter
Re: Need help with reassembly
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:57:52 PM »
I finally figured out out to get the Slide to go all the way on the frame. :)  It took me way too long but now I know the tolerances are high and it just needs alot of finesse. :(  I realized that when attempting to push the slide all the way to the rear of the slide I need to gently push the barrel down to get it clear the obstruction on the frame.  In all the madness I somehow made a ding on the front part of the frame and now I can see silver.  :'( I am not happy but at least I know what to do. :(  Thank you for all your help and advice!!!

Offline snowy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 04:04:38 PM »
This needs to be reposted, After trying to reassemble after my first time cleaning, It took me 30 minutes to get the slide to fit all the way back on the frame. The answer was right here, simply press down on the barrel and the slide fits right into place. Thanks Crffish, I was getting really disgusted.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »
Well the good news is Snowy, even though it took you 30 minutes, you LEARned it!  And now you KNow it!

Good Job :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE