Author Topic: New Ammo  (Read 2932 times)

Offline JoeGagmo

New Ammo
« on: September 04, 2023, 03:28:08 PM »
Howdy Y’all,
  I haven’t been on the forum for a while, but family matters have taken most of all my time.   (lost my younger kid brother to a rare cancer, then my 91 yr. Old Dad passed due to Covid - in only 6 days !).  Took me a year to clear out his house in upstate NY, driving monthly from GA., 1001 miles each way.  But things are finally getting back to normal now !!
    Anyway, being retired from the PD in NY, I carry 24/7, usually my Rohrbaugh Covert, (and either my Kahr K9 or my CZ Rami, just for the extra rounds).   
So I found this new 9mm ammo that Sig Sauer recently came out with, it called “Everyday carry ammunition, 365”, it is 115gr., JHP rounds, box states that it’s made for “Optimized for Superior  Performance in Short barrel weapons”. 
So I gotta tell y’all, my Covert has been loving the Black Talon ammo I’ve been using the last few years, a glitch every once in a while, mostly when racking in the first round into an empty chamber.   
But this new Sig 365 ammo seems it was made just for Rohrbaugh - absolutely no errors of any kind whatsoever !!   It is just a millimeter or 2 shorter than any other 9mm ammo I have, (and I’ve got a whole lot of ammo, too much actually) !  Lol
So I’ve run this 365 thru my all 6 variations of Rohrbaugh guns I own, and every single one of them just Love this ammo !!
Maybe it’s not as new an ammo as I’m saying it is, but I haven’t gotten out very much lately ! 
Anyone else use this stuff ??

Offline Tailwheel

Re: New Ammo
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 08:02:00 PM »
Thanks for this post.  So far my new to me R9 has been finicky so I’ll give this ammo a try. 

Sorry about the troubles you’ve had.  I lost my old man to the china virus too in late 2020.  Did you carry the K9 while on the force in NY?

All the best,

Patrick

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 09:46:40 AM »
I have never had problems with Speer Gold Dot in 115, 124, 147 and in the practice ammo Speer Lawman.  My R9’s like Federal HST as well, but I don’t use much else in the Rohrbaugh’s.  My oldest boy just got back from Korea and immediately got Covid….doing OK so far.  I spend 2 weeks in the ICU Feb. ‘22 and nearly did not make it (was then age 79).  Have “long covid” and have never been the same since.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Tailwheel

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 09:53:42 AM »
I've tried 124gr Gold Dots and HST in my R9 and both had FTF.   I've since ordered some additional ammo in 115 and 147 and am awaiting opportunity to test with those.   I hope that I will be able to get this fine firearm to cycle reliably. 

I pray that your son continues to fully recover and that you do as well.   

Thank you for the reply.