Author Topic: Mag extensions    (Read 8144 times)

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
Re: Mag extensions  
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 08:29:25 PM »
Still out of stock.. :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:29:42 PM by Nra-Life-Member »

Offline jerseyboy

rip Re: Mag extensions  
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 09:06:57 PM »
The Mag Extensions, hooked and straight are an accessory that needs and should be available through the Rohrbaugh Store.   I have hooked mag extensions on my Kahr mk9.  They give a very secure grip coupled with great controlability with giving up very little in concealability.   I know, the MK is heavy but I never ever do plastic.

My Rohrbaugh R9s is truly a great factory gun but things like better available grips (Hogue) and CorBon specific ammo needed to be addressed.  

The grip issue can be partly addressed and partly solved by small add ons such as a grip extension.    Let hope the management at Rohrbaugh listens on this one.

Offline jerseyboy

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
I just thought of something for the Mag extension issue.
I used to have a Sig P230 - .380APC.   The Sig .380 mag had a hooked extension on it and the release was a european style like the Rohrbaugh R9s.   I know that some Pup owners have tried diferent modified firearm companies mag extensions on the Pup's magazine with varing degrees of sucess but has anyone ever tried a Sig P230 mag extension ?   Might be an easy re-fit ?

Inquiring minds want to know (lol)   ;D  

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »
Sorry everyone watching this thread for good news.  I'm only reporting: Still out of stock!

Ever hopeful, James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
I recently heard from Bryce Proctor of IDM.  I told me he is still planning to offer these extensions soon but that he will not be working in his shop for a few weeks because he had a number of friends in the recent Butte, Montana plane crash.

Those of us who have dealt with Bryce will want to remember him as well as the families of those killed.

James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 04:04:16 AM »
I will take one of each when available.

Condolences to all.
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
Good News!

I just heard from Bryce and he says he is going to be making his mag extensions again; "but not right now".

I wish I knew more about his time frame but I'm not going to bother him again for awhile.  Hopefully, it will be soon!!!

Watch this space...

James

Offline imthduke

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »
He best make a bunch....I have an R9 and a Seecamp that is crying out for them.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
We'll be watching!  Thanks!!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline arjuna70

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »
Any word on these yet?
A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 12:27:53 AM »
Nope.. no reply yet.  Bryce did not respond to my last email.  Very worrying...  James

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 11:06:07 PM »
I just tried Bryce again with a email.  Let's hope we hear something soon...  James

Offline xray

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
Just received my e mail  response from IDM.  They are moving their equipment and it will be late this year before production resumes :(

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
Great news.  I've tried to contact them several times; sometimes I got a reply but usually not.  I know a lot a us are waiting for the order lines to open up again...

James

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »
I don't know if that is great news, it just seems to be to be a delay after an already very extended delay.  I wouldn't be holding my breath with that kind of a track record.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster