Author Topic: Extra Top Slide  (Read 3226 times)

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Extra Top Slide
« on: June 13, 2004, 01:14:26 PM »
If the only difference between the R-9 and R-9S is the top slide, why not offer/get the opposite of the one you buy and that way, have your choice when carrying. I am getting the R-9 because it will be 99% pocket carry and at the distance it will be used, sights won't be needed. When I get range time, sights would be more fun. I'm just thinking out loud, but a second slide seems like a natural accessory.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Extra Top Slide
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 01:37:54 PM »
My thoughts are, the sighted model is not that much bigger, holster wise. And I doubt you can feel the weight difference.  

So will it be worth the cost?  

Another thought,  No matter which slide you have mounted,  it will be the other one you want now..  :)
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 09:59:14 PM »
I have extra slides fitted on my NAA Guardiann. I think this is a great idea.

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 08:12:40 AM »
I was under the impression that the slides and frames go through the mfg. process together in order to ensure the tight tolerances.  If true, then getting an extra slide as an aftermarket item might be quite expensive if one had to return the gun to the factory for hand-fitting.  At any rate, aside from the different look of each slide, I don't see a point to having both sighted and sightless models.  Get an R9S, ignore the sights for point-shooting, and use 'em for more precise shot placement.  The sights are truly snag-free, so this should not be a factor.  But since I prefer having the option of sights when I want them, I guess my bias is showing.

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 11:53:24 AM »
I agree on the site issue.  I like a site picture I ordered and have the r9s.

They are there if you want/need them.