Author Topic: ''Limp-wristing'' ...... don't!!  (Read 8198 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Re: ''Limp-wristing'' ...... don't!!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 04:00:52 PM »
I tried to purposely loosen my grip a bit and it did not cause any problems.  It was not near as sensitive to limp-wristing as my P3-AT.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 09:00:14 PM »
[size=13]It was not near as sensitive to limp-wristing as my P3-AT.[/size]

Mike - up to a point maybe it is possible to ''get away'' with a degree of slop in the grip on R9 ... whereas, as you say - the P3-AT is not forgiving.

Just to square this away, I checked weights for each.

As we know .. R9 empty of mag .. 12.8 oz .... load it with 6+1 (Sabers) and we have all but 17 oz

The P3-AT empty is 7.5 oz ... and then with 6+1 of Wolf comes in at 10.9 oz.

Quite a difference eh! Empty the R9 has 5 oz nom extra mass .... and loaded (compared with P3 loaded) .. nearer 6 oz extra.

I think this mass gain of the R9 is the critical factor - making a noticeable difference...... and making it more tolerant to partial limp wristing perhaps.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »
Chris:
Interesting point.  How does the R9S slide mass compare to the Kahr PM9.  The PM9 also seems more prone to limp-wristing than the R9S.  Could the better design and construction of the Rohrbaugh have an effect on the dynamics you stated?

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 10:07:13 AM »
Hi doctordun,

With all due respect to the gentlemen who have replied in this post and who most probably have diagnosed your problem, I remember reading in another series of posts on this board about another gentleman who got one of the R9s in which the extractor wasn't tensioned properly. It released the cartridge rim too easily and wasn't tight enough. He solved his problem by returning the gun to the factory and getting it repaired. If it were me, I would look into that possibility. Why don't you call the factory?

As far as the high left hits go, you could be "heeling" the gun or anticipating the recoil by pushing up and to the left with the heel of your palm just before the gun fires. Try getting someone else at the range to load the gun for you each time without letting you know whether or not there is a round in the chamber.  A lot of people have difficulty shooting small, light, powerful guns. I doubt the problem is the sights. With the machining techniques that Rohrbaugh is using, they are probably right on.  I hope that this is of some help.

Frank

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 02:01:27 PM »
Doc, Frank makes good points. Personally, if I were experiencing FTE and shot placement issues, I'd ask some shooter friends to do a bit of test firing (with the Rohrbaugh, they should get a kick out of that!) and also have them mix some snap caps in with the regular rounds when I shot. Then I'd see what I could figure out from all that.

I also see that Frank assumes you are a gentleman. Being a gentleman is a fine thing, I apprecialte gentlemen. In my outlook, (and having peeked at your stats on this forum) there's something even better than a gentleman and that's a lady, especially one from Texas who shoots.

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 02:18:52 PM »
Please accept my apologies. I had no idea I had left my profile as female. I am a guy and have changed my profile to reflect that. My wife shoots also, but likes her guns to be large. She feels more confident when holding a big one....
She won't even try to shoot my pocket cannons.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 03:01:32 PM »
Oops, sorry for the error, doc.
Frank, you must have e.s.p. You were completely right,
doc IS a gentleman and I'm glad to see him here.