Author Topic: COP .357 Derringer  (Read 6435 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
COP .357 Derringer
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:26 PM »
I've always wanted one of these purely for it's aesthetic value.  Their trigger is close to 15lbs.  Only holds 4 rounds, and it tears your hand up when it's fired.   With all that said, when I saw this at the end of the movie 'Bad Boys' (1995) when the bad guy pulls it as a last ditch effort, and the camera zoomed and showed the 4 barrels, I fell in love.  Well I finally located 1 for sale that the seller wasn't charging an arm and a leg, so I took a 6 hour road trip yesterday and picked it up.  My non-gun friends called me crazy, wondering why I'd go to such lengths to acquire a firearm which is honestly more of a novelty gun, being that there are far cheaper and more modern firearms that out-class it.  I know that you guys and gals can understand that when you want something, you don't need an explanation, you just want it.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: COP .357 Derringer
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »
I've always wanted one of these purely for it's aesthetic value.  Their trigger is close to 15lbs.  Only holds 4 rounds, and it tears your hand up when it's fired.   With all that said, when I saw this at the end of the movie 'Bad Boys' (1995) when the bad guy pulls it as a last ditch effort, and the camera zoomed and showed the 4 barrels, I fell in love.  Well I finally located 1 for sale that the seller wasn't charging an arm and a leg, so I took a 6 hour road trip yesterday and picked it up.  My non-gun friends called me crazy, wondering why I'd go to such lengths to acquire a firearm which is honestly more of a novelty gun, being that there are far cheaper and more modern firearms that out-class it.  I know that you guys and gals can understand that when you want something, you don't need an explanation, you just want it.

I would have a glass case made and display it..... 8)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:30 AM »
Very interisting looking gun.

It's one of those guns you would just buy to have.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Congrats, Adam.  This one looks to be in great condition.  I've been looking for one of these for the past while; came close a couple of times.  Something just was not always right.  Enjoy this, for sure and I agree; nice to have.    :) 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
Congratulations on your find.

I bought two of these when they first came out 30+ years ago.  One for me and one for my father in law.

I shot mine once, when I was young and full of testosterone. And that was enough.

It is now gaurding the back entrance of one of my safes.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE