Author Topic: Funny Seecamp size comparison  (Read 5916 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Funny Seecamp size comparison
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
The idea came to me and I knew you all would get a kick out of it.  Here's a size comparison of the Desert Eagle and the LWS:

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Funny Seecamp size comparison
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Nice...................I do like them both!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
Adam:

I'll see your Seecamp and raise lower you one NAA MiniShort.  You might call this "the Odd Couple":  ;)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
I can tie you Richard, but I can't beat you.  Well done sir!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
Excellent RS;  I like those too!.  I could post a photo of the Gold Tiger Stripes and two NAA Mini's, however, I'll refrain!    ;D  Always good to see the Bling. 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »
Ever since Joyn ("Yankee") pointed out their shortcomings, I've been working on upping the "bling" factor of the DE50 grips.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
Ever since Joyn ("Yankee") pointed out their shortcomings, I've been working on upping the "bling" factor of the DE50 grips.

Maybe some ivories!    :)   

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »

I fear that the recoil of the DE50 would reduce old ivory to a handful of expensive debris. I've narrowed the choices down to three. Half of the enjoyment is the contemplation in these matters.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »

I fear that the recoil of the DE50 would reduce old ivory to a handful of expensive debris. I've narrowed the choices down to three. Half of the enjoyment is the contemplation in these matters.

The ivories would be for dress mode; then there's the silver.    :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:45:51 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
* * * . . . then there's the silver.    :)

BLING ALERT, Brenden!   8)

The sterling silver grips on this little G32 added three Troy ounces to the weight of the piece.

As I figure it, sterling grips for the DE50 would add about a pound to its weight. Hell's bells, the thing already weighs about 4 and a half pounds, which is about all I can control with one hand. I think aircraft aluminum will be the material of choice.  :-\
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »

As I figure it, sterling grips for the DE50 would add about a pound to its weight. Hell's bells, the thing already weighs about 4 and a half pounds, which is about all I can control with one hand. I think aircraft aluminum will be the material of choice.  :-\

That's what I get for guessing.    :)  Sounds like a good choice.   8)