Author Topic: Wananmachers Show Purchases  (Read 3625 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Wananmachers Show Purchases
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
Had a very productive trip to Wananmachers in Tulsa.  Prices were a bit high on Saturday and I did not purchase any firearms, but walked the floor and took some notes on some firearms that I wanted to negotiate on come Sunday.  When Sunday came around, I arrived about 2 hours after the show opened (following the advice of a veteran collector friend of mine) and was able to negotiate very nice deals on a few fine firearms.  Now I came there with the intent of purchasing a Wilson Combat, but there was none to be had.   Found 1 vendor who said they brought 2 of them but sold them both early on Saturday.  Pictured below is what I came home with Sunday evening. 

WWII Mfg. M1 Garand, serial # 4000xx.  All original wood and matching barrel, receiver, trigger group, and bolt.  Also able to negotiate an original ammo belt in with the rifle!!

SW Model 39 Texas Hold-Em J-frame. 

1891 Colt Lightning in .38 - with Colt Archives letter

And the star of the show.  Colt SAA Factory Engraving Sampler with a Colt Archives Letter

And of course my .50 BMG ink pen!!

Have a big fat ZERO left in my gun budget, but had just an absolute blast at the show.  I cannot wait until next year, I'll be putting cash back slowly once again.  Who knows what next year will bring!!

-Adam
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:25:19 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Wananmachers Show Purchases
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
All I can say is "WOW"!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
Lord, what a haul!

Congratulations!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
Awesome scores there Thor.  Thanks so much for the pics!  :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »
Had to travel for business this weekend and it killed me to miss the show and the annual meet up with my Tulsa cigar buddies.  The only upsides were cheering up my folks in NJ who just got their power back the day before my Friday night arrival and I got to meet Captain Kirk.  I guess I'm also ahead because I spent zero dollars on guns in the last 5 days.  Gun budget is still flush.

You always seem to find the nicest stuff. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:25:09 AM by Ljutic »
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »
Had to travel for business this weekend and it killed me to miss the show and the annual meet up with my Tulsa cigar buddies.  The only upsides were cheering up my folks in NJ who just got their power back the day before my Friday night arrival and I got to meet Captain Kirk.  I guess I'm also ahead because I spent zero dollars on guns in the last 5 days.  Gun budget is still flush.

You always seem to find the nicest stuff.

Ljutic,  very glad to hear your folks got their power restored.  As I'm sure it is around the country, many prayers for the people in the NE have been coming from this household. 

As far as finding the nicest stuff, I had some help in that regard.  I went with a friend of mine (same guy who owns the Henry that I posted pics of) and we basically split the show in half.  When we found something we thought the other would be interested in, we called one another.  He oddly enough found me 3 of the 4 firearms that I brought home.  The Colt Lightning was on my end of the 11 acres and the other 3 he found and called me on.   We had a good laugh at the end of Sunday, because he was going to buy the SAA for himself, but decided to call me because I had found him 2 very nice 2nd generation Colts earlier that same day!!   Good friends are a blessing!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington