Author Topic: I'm really proud of this one.  (Read 3327 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
I'm really proud of this one.
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
Friend of mine commissioned me to build him a holster for his Beretta 92 FS.  The only guidelines given to me were to make it a pancake holster with a slight forward cant and a full sweat shield.  I was given free reign as far as the design went.  I'm pretty new to leather work, but I am really proud of this one.   I made this one from a nice piece of European Double Shoulder 8-9oz leather.  The entire holster is double stitched.  The front enforcement piece was stamped with his initials and resist dyed to bring out the letters.  I airbrushed the holster myself with 4 shades of tan and black for a nice deep sunburst effect.   Tell me what you guys think. 

-Adam
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:30:03 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: I'm really proud of this one.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:19 PM »
Now that is really nice work Adam...simple, elegant and VERY decorative.  That one will do equally well at the range or the barbeque!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:36:59 AM »
Thanks so much!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »
That is very impressive work, Adam. The patience and attention to detail in that holster are striking. And a handstitched holster is a rare thing to see these days. Your pride is justified.

It's good to see someone who takes real pride in his work in this age of "slap, dash, next . . . ."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:04:50 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
Awesome work.  Very nicely done.  Is your friend Arne Boberg?
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
hahaha, nope.
- George Washington