Author Topic: WTB coyote and Robar model  (Read 2987 times)

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
WTB coyote and Robar model
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
If anyone has an unfired, no-marks coyote or robar model that they would consider selling,
Please send me a message.
Thank you,
Chris
Chrisodasso@comcast.net

Offline scubadds

Re: WTB coyote and Robar model
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:51:09 AM »
email sent
I have a Robar to sell

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
Just found out Robar is out of the gun business.  I have an Benelli  M4 H2O that Benelli sent to Robar to be NP3 coated.  The laws at the time made the otherwise “imported” M4 non-eligible for tactical upgrades like collapsible stock, mag tube extension, etc.  Benelli having Robar coat it in NP3 made its final assembly in the US, so all the tac upgrades were legal.  It only took  a few months for the feds to say “No bueno”.  All tac upgrades were now not allowed.  Now M4 H2O are silver Cerakote with no mag extension.  My M4 box has the original Italian serial sticker with a Benelli Robar serial placed on top.  I had to swap out several Italian Benelli parts to USA made parts (follower, trigger, mag extension, etc) to keep the gun legal.  Sad to see Robar exit the firearms business.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 12:58:04 AM »
PhilZ, if you are talking 922{r} compliance, there is a lot of misconceptions about the law.

It is not illegal to posses a firearm that does not comply with the regulation.

It is not illegal to sell or buy a firearm that does not comply with the regulation.

It only applies to those that change the configuration to an un-importable version of the firearm.  And, as always the burden of proof is on the government..........beyond a reasonable doubt. A persons 5th amendment protections are in full effect.

I once spent a lot of money to convert a FAL into compliance, later learned that it might not have been money well spent.  I also know quite a few folks that have purchased non 922r complaint firearms that don't have a single legal worry regarding them.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 07:14:18 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 09:32:34 AM »
Thats why I went with a Valtro PM5 shotgun. They are/were built in the Benelli factory. Valtro designed it with all of the tactical goodyness right off the bat. It is such a fun shotgun but dont lose a mag, those things are super expensive to replace.