Author Topic: Ruger LCP Recall  (Read 2713 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Ruger LCP Recall
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:30:34 AM »
Don't know if anyone else has been through this, but Ruger really handled this right.

I registered my LCP for the recall, and Ruger send me a box with prepaid postage.   When I sent it in, it took about 10 days to get it back.  Ruger shipped it back with an extra magazine and a Ruger LCP hat for my trouble.

All handled with professionalism and class.  I have to say, I am very impressed with the direction Ruger has been going lately.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Bobs_classic

Re: Ruger LCP Recall
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 10:44:03 PM »
Just for that alone I will most likely buy one also 8) It's all about taking care of the cust. ;D

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
I just bought a Ruger SR9 pistol to keep my  R9S company.  (Actually, now I can carry less stuff on my trips to the range.  I'll have 9mm days, .40S&W days, and .357 Magnum days.)

The SR9 caught my eye when in first went on sale late in 2007, but I decided to wait a while until any bugs were worked out.  Good move on my part - for once.

Ruger has stepped in it with the last few introductions.  .22LR Mark III pistol had some issues; SR9 had the recall and major rework of the trigger system; LCP recalled for accidental discharge issue.
However, Ruger sure takes care of the issues in a responsible, professional, and customer-friendly way. And their products don't even have a written warranty.

Steve

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
Somebody is impressed with Ruger; the stock price has doubled
in the past few months and there aren't many who can equal that.