Author Topic: Ruger LCP  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Fireball7709

Ruger LCP
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:41 AM »
Picked one of these up today.  Haven't shot it yet but it seems well done in a Glock sort of way.  I'm interested to see how it compares in recoil to the R9s that's on it's way to me as I type(hopefully Monday!).  I like the flatter profile compared to my 340PD but it won't completely replace it!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Ruger LCP
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »
Welcome Fireball!  The LCP will be much less in recoil than the R9s, but hey, it supposed to be.  

I don't mind the recoil of the R9s at all.  It is one fine work of art.  

Again,  welcome!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »
Just got one myself, (I don't know why), $320, recoil close to my keltec 32 and much lighter than my r9s.

FYI the keltec belt clip and the keltec mag finger extension fits on this keltec clone nicely. Have fun stooting it and gvie a rang report please, like to know what you think.

Offline Fireball7709

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:55:36 AM »
Belt clip huh?  That might be just the ticket for this little blaster.  I tried one on my PD and liked the concept, but my "cylinder"(spare tire) doesn't leave alot of room for the cylinder of the PD.  

Range report may be a bit, haven't found any factory ammo yet.  I do have brass, dies, etc. so I may be using (gasp) reloads for range work to start.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
The belt clip fits like a glove and looks good.  The finger extension leaves a 1/8 gap between the mag and grip.  But did not bite me or my wife when shooting and gave me a nice hold with my third finger.  

Wife did not like shooting it, she is sticking with her J frame S&W 38 untill I find her something better.  I think she will just never get used to an auto.  

good luck.