Author Topic: Boberg  (Read 24683 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Boberg
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
I received an email today from Boberg as I'm sure many ofyou did, so I'm thinking there ready to start taking orders.
  But Nooo.. they have a Face Book page  ??? Wow I can hardly wait to sign up, whats next Twitter or My Space. ::)

Boberg Arms
A message to all members of Boberg Arms

Hi!

Boberg Arms has a new Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boberg-Arms/182226611833290

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:58:41 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
Count me out.

I don't do social networking.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »
I'm with you there.  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
I'm a member, but rarely post, except to the kids and grandkids.  They love it.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 01:50:36 AM »
I'm not a computer guy, but I've had more than one tell me that Facebook and MYspace is one of the top places to get a computer virus even if you have virus protection.

My computer is 6 years old, my wife's is less than 3 and we have the same virus program.  She gets on Facebook, I don't.

She constantly has virus problems and her computer is down and in the shop.
Mine is still humming along.

As usual, she won't listen.

Also, I was at a hotel a few weeks ago and they had a sign on they guest lobby computer saying "No Facebook or gaming".  
I inquired why, knowing the answer. The clerk told me they had gone through 8 computers in less than a year and a half with virus protection due to Facebook and Gaming sites.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »
I don't go on Face Book or gaming sites and have had two Windows based computers with virus protection go to viruses.
 I now have a Mac Book Pro for the last couple of years and no protection and no virus problems. My Daughter has had her Mac Book for over three years and lives on Face Book and has no protection and has never had a problem.
  I'll never go back to Windows after having the Mac.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
I've had Vista for 3 years now, and surprisingly, no problems.  That being said, still, my next lap top will probably be a Mac.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »

i make my living with computer and had used PCs for over 25 years.

specifically because of virus problems and the total loss of a fully-protected laptop, i switched to a mac a couple years ago.

no need of anti-virus software, no hassles, no stress.

i'm never going back to a PC, for that reason alone.
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
BIG +1 on that. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
+1 on Mac. I switched a couple years ago and there is no comparison IMO.
As for Facebook, the site itself is not the problem, it is when you click on posts and links from people that lead to a virus. Same can be said for hyperlinks embedded in emails. Don't click on them unless you know exactly what it is.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:14:29 PM by FloridaCCW »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
Arne made some cool post on his forum today.  Here are a couple:

"Frame production is going well - pre-orders will be out today for the first group."

" Price will be posted on this website today."

It's sounding like it won't be long now!!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
Glad there finally filling the pre orders from 08.
  Definitely not on my short list of must have pistols.

Here is the posted price from the site.

The introductory retail price is $949
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
I've watched the Boberg startup for quite some time.  It's an intriguing firearm.  Unfortunately it's a one trick pony.

By that I mean that it only improves on the current state of the art in one area, barrel length.  
It's bigger in all dimentions and heavier unloaded than a loaded R9.  
It's heavier and taller than a PM9 although a little shorter in slide length.
It's a completely untested design and will have limited production so it'd not likely to have meaningful reliability data available for some time to come.

Is a bigger, heavier firearm worth a longer barrel?
If the answer is "yes", then buy a Glock 19, or even two for the same price as one XM9.  If the answer is "no" then buy a PM9 and save $400, or buy an R9 which is already a proven design and is significantly smaller and lighter.  The R9 is a much better concealment firearm than the bulky Boberg is spec'ed to be.

The Boberg has a lot of "gee-wiz" factor but not much other than novelty to justify it's price.

Some things could be done to make it more competitive, like reducing the capacity to 6+1 to shrink the large grip reducing size and weight.

We'll see what the future brings, I wish Arne Boberg the best.  I'd love to see another quality US manufacturer thriving.
Land of the free, because of the brave.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
I think you summed it up perfectly.  I was very interested when they were first announced. As I waited and spent more time looking at the gun and the specs it became clear I didn't see anything special that kept me wanting one.
  I don't find the guns looks appealing and the ability to shoot +P ammo is of little interest to me.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 07:14:24 PM »
Here are some new factory photos.  I for one am VERY excited to get one soon.

Last but not least is the funky mag.  ;D