Author Topic: Frog Lube  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
Frog Lube
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:32:13 PM »
Not sure if this issue has been addressed before but I thought it best to ask those more familiar.

When using Frog Lube paste for first time on guns that have been cleaned with CLP and oil what is the best route to go.  Just warm parts with hair dryer then apply the Frog Lube?

I'm correct that the Frog Lube replaces both CLP and oil for cleaning and lubricating?

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Frog Lube
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »

This link provides some answers to your questions:

http://froglube.com/froglube-product-info/froglube-directions/

bamboobob

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »
What types of generic solvent would be best / acceptable for use prior to using frog lube 

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »

I highly recommend LPS Micro-X. It is very effective and safe for all materials; my gunsmith uses it on all of his work. You may find it less expensive than this link:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/0900151.php

bamboobob

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »
LPS® MICRO-X CONTACT CLEANER

CONTACT CLEANER     sounds great!    any one OK?

What about denatured   or    Rubbing alchol?          ( I have here )

Thanks Tracker,  Bob       

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »
You may use anything you like; I use denatured alcohol on a lot of things but not my guns. I did use Gun Scrubber before taking the advice of my gunsmith. To be more specific I have read that denatured alcohol can damage o-rings, wood finish, and isn't as effective at removing powder residue as designated gun cleaners and solvents. The following is a quote from a USMC Captain:

"I would recommend you use solvents designed to clean firearms and leave the home remedies for the end of the world and redneck survivalists." A bit harsh perhaps but he has a point. Even though Frog-Lube solvent and LPS Micro-X seem expensive it takes very little to clean a gun and I have cans that are years old with cleaner still in them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:40:58 PM by tracker »