Author Topic: Initial Post  (Read 6693 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Initial Post
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »
Sorry guys; I wouldn't move to Massachussets for any reason.

Happy Independence Day. Remember why 'the shot heard round the world" took place in Lexington and Concord?

The British were attempting to confiscate the Colonist's guns and powder; indistinguishable from what is happening in that state today.

I can carry legally in Vermont and 16 other states. Yet if I utilize the Bay State as a corridor to, say, Pennsylvania, I face an automatic jail term of one year.

If the beach house is that precious to you, go right ahead.

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »

Tracker:

Here's one for consideration.  8)

http://www.greatpointproperties.com/rental/sconset-23719?page=4&filter0=&filter1

Still would be a difficult decision.   Can't imagine not having the concealed carry.   What!!  Why  should I worry?   ;D    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
Like Prescottian, we are only talking about a summer trip and
then only in jest.

My Patriot Ancestors, two twin bothers and both officers in the
North Carolina Militia, fought at the Battle of King's Mountain, S.C.
on Oct. 7, 1780. The British were defeated there and it was a
pivotal battle in the Revolutionary War. The successive lines of
my family fought in every war since then except 1812 and Korea
until my service in Vietnam.

Give up my gun rights to move to Taxachusetts? Not likely.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 02:03:45 PM »
Now, that's the tracker I have come to admire!

My great grandfather had a Springfield percussion rifle from the Civil War. I remember it as a kid and was shocked to learn that he was wealthy enough to have bought his way out of serving. The rifle had actually belonged to someone who had served on his behalf.

Then again, my great grandfather's great great grandson is a Marine officer serving in Afghanistan right now.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson