Author Topic: On the other forums  (Read 5732 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
On the other forums
« on: July 26, 2004, 06:11:18 PM »
On the other forums there are *posters* that are seemingly argumentative.  We have had a couple here.  

They seem to object to enthusiastic comments of the Rorhbaugh owners.    

Why is that?

Most all the comments made here are based on first hand knowledge.   I remember the same type of love / hate     atmosphere  existed with the Seecamp a few months back.  Those that did not have them, hated them.  Most that had them loved them.  

I hesitate to name this strange happening.                            
RJ=

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Re: On the other forums
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:18:15 PM »
I believe it's called Wil-colitus.  Very tragic disease.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:11:06 PM »
RJ:

One of my friends who is a psychology professor would say that they are just poor souls seeking some attention.  He tends to be kind.  As an old prosecutor, I don't.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:13:02 PM »
It seems to be some sort of jealously I guess.

I am fighting this fight on several forums.  People immediately predict that Rohrbaugh will be in bankruptcy, go down in financial ruin, etc.  WHY?  Let me get this straight -- these are high quality guys making a high quality product...  Since when is this a prescription for disaster?

You would think anyone brave enough to start a new gun company in today's legal and political climate would be worshipped by those who believe in the cause.

I think its jealousy by people who can't afford an R-9... but I don't see the same kind of backlash against Les Baer or Wilson or other really high end makers.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 11:34:26 PM »
"I think its jealousy by people who can't afford an R-9... but I don't see the same kind of backlash against Les Baer or Wilson or other really high end makers. " DDGater
~~~~~~~~~~~~

But you did hear it with Seecamp, KT, Kahr, and  NAA.    
But not so much on the cost, but the reliability.

So, is it just the Pocket Gun crowd ??
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 12:01:20 AM »
Strikes me pocket guns get treated with derision - by some.  If it ain't a ''race'' or ''loaded'' 1911 than how can it be worth a loada cash?!  And yeah -  I doubt there is one of us here praising this gun's virtues who do so with other than enthusiasm and an altruistic regard for Rohrbaugh's success .. which is totally deserved.

The only thing that might give the Bros Rohrbaugh a headache financially would be if they can't keep getting the guns out ... and hopefully that is now not too likely as they held back for ages, dealing with QC matters.  That means that what does go out now is about as right as right can be made.

They do have an awesome amount of R/D to pay for - heaven knows how much - I can but speculate.  But many a business has gone thru this and succeeded ... because of a great product.  I listen to naysayers, of course - but I try and balance their statements with logic and personal experience.

If I think they have a point - I'll agree - but if I feel they are talking out of unmentionable orifices I'll say so and defend the gun fiercely.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 11:53:43 AM »
Please Folks,

Don't talk about Rhohrbaugh bankruptcy. Mine should be here shortly and was paid for up front.

Seriously, I think that with the Rohrbaugh formula for success, their guns will be in demand for a very long time to come. They are the perfect gun for the niche they were designed for.

Frank

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 09:12:19 PM »
From my experience, in many matters of quality, small production run items of various prices; Maintaining quality and customer service, with continued, steady, delivery - results in stability, and eventually financial success.  

For instance, there are knife makers, one of them a good friend of mine, who turn out knives more expensive than our little pistol; with a three to five year wait, depending on the individual knife.  Quality remains, customer service is impeccable, and customer loyalty is steadfast.  So, it is with Rohrbaugh.

And, some people buy Buck Knives; and deride those who pay more.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 09:36:13 PM by Mr_Jody_Hudson »
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 09:33:42 PM »
A very good view,....and I agree.

Thank you
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 11:29:50 PM »
[size=13]And, some people buy Buck Knives; and deride those who pay more.[/size]
I wouldn't deride any purchase Jody but - didn't really feel my Buck Mayo TNT was over cheap at $300 or so!! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 08:59:23 AM »
Next time I see ya... I'll ask you to "Pass the Buck"...  ::)  Nothing wrong with Buck Knives either!  Buck knives, Spiderco, Cold Steel and Keltecs, Makarovs, Taurus, and all, are fine things!  Rohrbaughs and $3,000 custom knives are exceptional and some people chose the exceptional Rohrbaugh! etc. ;D  WE DID...  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 09:04:18 AM by Mr_Jody_Hudson »
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com