Author Topic: CT Grips for the R-9...?...  (Read 7575 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
CT Grips for the R-9...?...
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:17:34 AM »
>>Just for the fun of it I contacted the folks at Crimson Trace a while back and asked if they would consider developing Laser Grips for the R9.  Below is their reply.  To my surprise they sound like they have had this question put to them before...even talking a projected market date...!

Now maybe they respond to every Moe, Shimp, and Larry like this just to keep the hopes and interests alive (??)...maybe yes...maybe no.  But for sure CT has been developing Laser Grips for more and more guns of late...so why not the R9...?  If done right...it could look trick...and be quite useful too, IMO.  

I'm looking forward to the new customer installed CT grips they are just now coming out with for the various Glocks....did you catch the CUSTOMER INSTALLED part...?...!  We are talking real wrap around CT Grips, well - partial wrap around, and not that funny looking black nose wart they have had out for a while.   I'm already in line to dress up my G26 with these new grips...!!...and maybe, one day - a pair for my R9 too...!...TW<<

Dear TW,

Thank you for your inquiry.  

Crimson Trace does not currently make Lasergrips to fit the  Rohrbaugh R9 .  However, we do periodically get requests for this model and may develop a Lasergrip for it in the future.  No release date has been scheduled yet and it will likely be at least a year or more before it is on the market.

Our team of engineers is continually working on new product development.  You can bookmark our website www.crimsontrace.com and check in periodically for updates on our latest product releases.

For now, please check out our current line of products.  We have Lasergrips to fit a wide range of quality handguns, both revolver and semi-automatic.  Perhaps there is another gun in your safe that you have considered upgrading.  Many of our customers have even told us that the benefits of using Lasergrips compelled them to buy a new gun rather than wait for a model that we have not yet produced.  They have found that Lasergrips offer an instant and decisive advantage that no other handgun accessory can equal.  

Want more information on the benefits of using laser sights? Go to our website www.crimsontrace.com.  

Best regards,

Crimson Trace Corporation
8089 SW Cirrus Drive
Beaverton OR  97008

800-442-2406

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: CT Grips for the R-9...?...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:53:08 AM »
That sounds familiar.... I think I have gotten that same respone in regard to an inquiry on another gun.   :-/
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 12:38:06 PM »
Someone on the NAA forum inquired about grips for the NAA .380/.32NAA, and they relpied that they base decisions on which models to develop grips for based in part on the number of requests from potential customers.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:39:03 PM »
Yeah, it’s an auto-response type e-mail, I got the same response a few years ago when I requested CT grips for my NAA guardian. I honestly doubt that they are designing anything for the Rohrbaugh because it’s so new, and there are so few out there when you compare it to S&W J-frames, 1911, & Glocks. It just doesn't make fanatical sense for them to dump any R&D into it yet.

However, we could always help them make up their minds about designing one! If we all e-mail them nicely about it, we may impress upon them that there is a market for one. Of course there are many folks out there that think laser sights are a waste, but I for one would love the idea.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 01:48:57 PM »
I have to agreee with Alfanso -- there is a lot of time and expense that goes into the R&D process, so they have to limit themselves to the very most popular models to make sense for them.  The Guardian pistols, by sheer numbers, would make more sense than the Rohrbaugh.

That being said -- a few e-mail from us wouldn't hurt!
Duane (DDGator)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 03:54:48 PM »
I have to agreee with Alfanso -- there is a lot of time and expense that goes into the R&D process, so they have to limit themselves to the very most popular models to make sense for them.  The Guardian pistols, by sheer numbers, would make more sense than the Rohrbaugh.

That being said -- a few e-mail from us wouldn't hurt!

>>Yeah...I kinda figured it was basically an auto response.  But I agree with Alfonso and Duane about encouraging mass mail to CT asking them to develop laser grips for the R9...!!  It's true that the R9 has only been around a short time - compared with the Guardians...but I question if anyone on the NAA sight has encouraged a mailing to CT about grips for their guns (??)...and I feel it is worth a try to get folks around here to contact CT.

Like many folks around here I have CT grips on a variety of hand guns...including some which otherwise give so-so accuracy.  I find the CT grips to be a real asset to shooting well - love the things.  I would suggest a good system for CT grips on the R9 might be something like what they recently developed for Glocks ( http://www.crimsontrace.com/lg-617/ )...possibly being secured by an extended upper grip screw.  Check it out and let me know what you think...??...!!

Sooooo...How bout that mass e-mailing to Crimson Trace asking for laser wraps for our favorite pocket gun...?  If folks around here like the idea...perhaps we can contact the Rohrbaugh brothers to see if they too would send a request to CT...might give added stimulus to the cause.  All just a thought...but I sure would love to see this come into fruition...!...I think these grips will look trick along with the new black Rohrbaugh grips and the darker frame.  Yeaaaah, Baby...TW<<

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 06:06:01 PM »

Sooooo...How bout that mass e-mailing to Crimson Trace asking for laser wraps for our favorite pocket gun...?  

Done! :)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49:52 PM »
Me too.

Hey, someone want to send an e-mail asking for Lasergrips for a Jennings 9mm and see if you get the same response e-mail?  :P
Duane (DDGator)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 01:05:44 AM »
Me too.

Hey, someone want to send an e-mail asking for Lasergrips for a Jennings 9mm and see if you get the same response e-mail?  :P

>>I done done it, Duane...and will let you know if/when I hear back from themn on the Jennings...TW<<

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 09:26:11 AM »
Anyone else who drops a line to CT -- check in here!  Thanks for your help.

TW--I will let you know what response I get from CT.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline mismatch

• Sharpshooter
  • &quot; A armed society is a polite society&quot;
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 10:48:36 AM »
Contacted  CT, requesting information on Lasergrips for the R9.  Have not received a response back yet.  Will post when I get a return message.   ::)

Fred
mismatch

Offline mismatch

• Sharpshooter
  • &quot; A armed society is a polite society&quot;
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 07:28:27 PM »
Duane,
   Just as was expected, ... a auto-response to all inquires as listed;    >:(

Dear Fred,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Crimson Trace does not currently make Lasergrips to fit the Rohrbaugh R9. However, we do periodically get requests for this model and may develop a Lasergrip for it in the future. No release date has been scheduled yet and it will likely be at least a year or more before it is on the market.

Our team of engineers is continually working on new product development. You can bookmark our website www.crimsontrace.com and check in periodically for updates on our latest product releases.

For now, please check out our current line of products. We have Lasergrips to fit a wide range of quality handguns, both revolver and semi-automatic. Perhaps there is another gun in your safe that you have considered upgrading. Many of our customers have even told us that the benefits of using Lasergrips compelled them to buy a new gun rather than wait for a model that we have not yet produced. They have found that Lasergrips offer an instant and decisive advantage that no other handgun accessory can equal.

Want more information on the benefits of using laser sights? Go to our website www.crimsontrace.com.

Best regards,

Crimson Trace Corporation
8089 SW Cirrus Drive
Beaverton OR 97008

800-442-2406
mismatch

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 10:24:40 PM »
Yep -- I got the exact same response today...  :'(

Lets see if they can send the same response for the Jennings request!  :o

Duane (DDGator)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:39:48 PM »
I have great regard for the guys at CT Corp - one fella, John IIRC was very helpful with a slight fitting prob I had on the M28.

In all honesty - I find it hard to see this being economic for a long time.  The R9 grips are such an integral part of the gun - CT would have to do some darned clever stuff (read lot of R&D) to come up with these.  But hey - if they did I'll be at head of queue.  I have three revo sets and one on my SIG.  Yep - I am a fan.

I will hope but not hold breath.

Oh and yeah - the ''Jennings inquiry'' - LOl .. right!! ;D ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.