Author Topic: Paddle and Shoulder Holster for My R9  (Read 3487 times)

Offline ob3640

Paddle and Shoulder Holster for My R9
« on: May 27, 2005, 11:28:50 PM »
The pocket holster isn't working for me - Help - does anyone make a Paddle or Shoulder rig for the R9 ?

Offline justin2992

• Expert
Re: Paddle and Shoulder Holster for My R9
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 02:28:16 AM »
What pocket holster are you using, and why isn't it working?  Putting it in a paddle or shoulder holster is like using a wrist-watch as a wall clock.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 02:29:29 AM by justin2992 »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 09:12:12 AM »
If pocket carry is too much, I would use an In The Waistband (IWB) holster.

A  Kahr PM9 was on the borderline for me.

My favorite would be Milt Sparks VM2, EX, or Summer Special 2.

Of course, that means an untucked shirt.

On the good side, I have heard a couple of fashion people say that In is Out, and Out is In.

Maybe they were carrying, and needed to justify an untucked shirt.

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 10:32:28 PM »
Hi ob3640!

I'm sorry to hear about the pocket thing not working out for you.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Given that the R9 really is at it's best in the pocket (IMHO :) ), it really would be a shame to give up on pocket carry.  Is there something in particular that isn't working out for you that you could post?  There are a lot of us here using pocket carry, and if there is some technique or advice we could offer to save you from spending more money on a holster that you may not need, I'm sure we'd all like to help.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 07:15:16 PM »
Not that, to my knowledge, they make one for the Rohrbaugh, but I was able to carry my j-frame inside the waist w. my shirt tucked in using Galco's ultra deep cover holster -- not very comfortable, but it worked.

Brad
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 11:06:46 AM »
I also have some problems with my Guardian .380 carrying in my jeans front pocket. I've been using a Bianchi IWB and It's OK, but you have to keep your shirt untucked, which isn't a problem if you wear a "T" shirt or Polo. A little different matter at the office. I think I'm on RJ's list for one of his Hedly pocket holsters and mag holder which I hope will solve this problem. They and My R-9s should arrive at about the same time. (I hope!)
Mike
doubletapMike