Author Topic: Rohrbaugh repair work status...  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Chihuahua TN

• Denial, after all, is a powerful thing!
Rohrbaugh repair work status...
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I have been carrying my  Rohrbaugh R6** for 6 years daily. I worried about the future regarding the availability to get parts/repairs/mags ect with the sale to Remington.  I don’t want to go back to carrying my LCP or Seecamp I like the 9mm round.
1)   What is the status of repair work? Is the new facility up and running?
2)    I have 3 stripped grip screws and a slight crack developing in the slide where it meets the rails (hard to see on pic). The gun had functioned flawlessly with Gold Dot 115gr and I have replaced the recoil springs every 200rds. The gun is all original and has character I’d like to send it in for their technicians evaluate the slide and change out the grip screws.
    I’ll give Maria a call on Monday , just wanted to see if anyone here has a clear answer on the status of repair work currently with the new move.
Thanks,
Mike

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh repair work status...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Mike, I don't think you will find Maria answering the phone anymore.

Offline Chihuahua TN

• Denial, after all, is a powerful thing!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
Bummer.......

Offline texex

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:21 PM »
Hi Guys,

New member here, first post.  I bought my R9 last December new and while at the range last March I sheered the pin in half.  I did not realize this until I tried to take down the gun to clean it that evening.  I was able to get the pin out (in two pieces) but I can't get the slide off and don't want to force it.  It has been sitting in my safe for the last 6 months while I wait for the Rohrbaugh/Para/Remington thing to shake out.  I am frustrated that I spent $1200 on a gun that I owned for 3 months before it became unusable.  I don't mind the pin damage, this stuff happens with guns, I just would like to get it repaired.  I have no doubts about the quality of the gun, but huge doubts about its service future.  I have fired 150 rounds through the gun with no problems and I love the firearm but it's no good if it needs repair. Should I wait even longer to see if Remington chooses to service the guns or should I take it to a local gun smith?  Thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated.  I love the gun and the forum (and would be willing to contribute to a user sponsored site if need be).    Thank you!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
Been waiting for warranty/repair service too.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7298.0

I think Dan Cox is close to getting me a looooooooooooooong awaited answer to the question of where to send the firearm.

Good luck. Hopefully we are close, BUT you may want to figure out a good second option. It may be a while still before we get working R9's.

Hoping...
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
Been waiting for warranty/repair service too.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7298.0

I think Dan Cox is close to getting me a looooooooooooooong awaited answer to the question of where to send the firearm.

Good luck. Hopefully we are close, BUT you may want to figure out a good second option. It may be a while still before we get working R9's.

Hoping...

If size matters than a Kahr 380, or Ruger LCP - if you must have a 9mm, than look at a Ruger LC9. The real success stories are in the 380s.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
Texex, welcome to the forum.  I would think any competent gunsmith could disassemble and replace the pin, but with a new pistol and an implicit warranty, waiting for factory support makes good sense.  Hang in there for now.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis