Author Topic: Range trip yesterday  (Read 4485 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Range trip yesterday
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:23:21 AM »
I've been shooting sporting clays a lot recently and just realized I had not had a pistol range trip for 2 months so I got out yesterday with my R9 Covert and a Boberg XR9S.  The R9 was flawless with Lawman 115 and 124.  Accuracy at 7 yards impressive!

The Boberg was initially less accurate until I got used to the different trigger pull but then was also excellent.  I was using some WWB in it and on one shot felt a spray of powder hit my face indicating that during extraction I had a case separation (which indeed it was).  Cleared easily, put the WWB away and shot Lawman which worked fine.

A very enjoyable range trip.  Boberg is back in the safe, R9 in my pocket.  Next time out I'll take the 1911s in .45 for a workout.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Range trip yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:36:38 AM »
Next time out I'll take the 1911s in .45 for a workout.
I just bought a Wilson Combat EDC X9 double stack ( 9mm ) 1911 14 + 1. Can't wait to shoot that! I love 1911s. I am the most accurate with 1911s (.45 ), never shot a 9mm 1911. We'll see....
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »
Nor have I...all of mine are in .45.  I bought a Wilson Combat CQB .45 for my Special Agent son when he turned 40 and he loves it.  I have a Les Brown Special Forces that is a dream to shoot.  I agree that the .45’s are the most fun, although .38 Super is nice.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »
I have a Wilson Combat Classic Supergrade/all stainless in .45. It's a safe queen. I buy a $6k gun that is magnificent, and I won't shoot it because it's so perfect. This is a terrible disease.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!