Author Topic: VZ GRIPS  (Read 47806 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: VZ GRIPS
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
chameleon - those are the exact grips I have been thinking about.  You have now confirmed it.

Thanks for the pix!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
Awesome looking grips. I think I may try a set out. Anyone try the checkered and the smooth?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
I have the smooth version in Hyena Brown and really like them. I posted this photo on another thread but here it is again:

http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/rohrbaugh-r9/smooth/r9-hyena-brown

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
I love VZ grips and have them on a CZ and my competition 1911's.  I've been considering a checkered set for my Stealth as well so I'm glad to see all the positive feedback.  I will also be ordering the VZ rubberized tape for the front and back straps when I order the grips.  I love the stuff and think it will really help with control.

I'm partial to the black desert sand, but for the R9 I'm going with the basic black.

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »
So your into twins. I thought I was seeing double. Thanks for the pictures.

I still have not decided. :P

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
Finally figured out how to post pics,  Thanks Danny.
Here's A pic I'm posting on a EDC thread on another forum, but wanted to show my Black Cherry grips on a two tone.   I like the look but I'm tempted to try out the grey/black, and the brown/black also.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
skorpyd.  Nice grips, two tone, and knives!    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »
Thanks,   I really like the look and feel of the grips, now I have to get out and shoot,  as I need to try out the mag extensions also.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »
Very nice. Excellent looking PUP.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
Finally figured out how to post pics,  Thanks Danny.
Here's A pic I'm posting on a EDC thread on another forum, but wanted to show my Black Cherry grips on a two tone.   I like the look but I'm tempted to try out the grey/black, and the brown/black also.

Congratulations! The picture looks good, thanks for posting it for all to see, I love looking at pictures.

Isn't it a tough choice as to what color grips to order? I had a tough time, I even had Karl okay them before I actually bought them. It helped that the Rohrbaugh booth was in the same isle as the VZ grip booth at the shot show.

Offline TBI

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
I just purchased and installed the black cherry checkered VG grips on my R9S.  They look great.  I noticed after cleaning the R9S that a slight discoloration can be seen in the area of the top grip screw on both sides of the gun (the top front portion of the grip).  I noticed this too with the original black grips as well......any suggestions as to what this is and/or how to prevent it.
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
Are the grips warped at all. If you lay them on a flat surphase can you see light under the middle or one of the ends?

Did you have to force them on the frame to fit flush or did they slide into place easily?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:18:57 AM by wolverine_450 »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
 I noticed after cleaning the R9S that a slight discoloration can be seen in the area of the top grip screw on both sides of the gun (the top front portion of the grip).  I noticed this too with the original black grips as well......any suggestions as to what this is and/or how to prevent it.
Thanks,
Rich

Rich,
   What type of gun cleaner are you using ? Is it possible it is running onto this portion of the grip and causing the discoloration ?

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Good observation John. I also note that the threaded holes for the grip screws do go all the way through the frame at this point which could allow solvents or oils to wick from the inside of the frame back through the screw holes.

In addition, the trigger pivot pin is very near the front grip screws, and it also goes completely through the frame and into the grips themselves so oil or cleaning solvents could travel through that as well.

Offline TBI

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Grips are not warped.  I'm using Remington Oil and the Winchester Silicone Cloth. Some of the cleaning agent did and does get on the grips but I try and wipe it off....Might be impossible to protect the grips without taking them off for even a wipe down?  Is there a better cleaning/non-staining alternative?
Rich